Ill swap the tea for something less soothing

John pulled back just enough from Sherlock to study his face, Sherlock still had his eyes softly closed, his lips slightly parted and reddened from kissing, a rosy blush rising under the neck of his shirt up to his ears, fist clinging to John like it was the only thing stopping him from drowning. His hair was in a disarray of curls that had all been misplaced and were glittering in the afternoon light.

"Home?" John asked quietly, stroking his thumb across Sherlock's cheek, surprisingly soft from all the domestic chores he did back home. Sherlock's eyes blinked open several times before eventually looking at John, dazed and dare John say it-cute.

Sherlock eventually seemed to catch up with what John had asked and nodded his head delicately. John smiled warmly and linked hands with the detective, walking back home with him in the cooling breeze.

When they eventually got to Baker Street, John pulled Sherlock towards the door and they opened it, going in to see Mrs Hudson as promised.

They knocked on her door and she soon came bustling out and pulling them inside, making them sit down. There was however the small matter of only two armchairs in the living room. Mrs Hudson set out the tea and took her seat, more worn than the other two and told them to sit.

Sherlock insisted on John having the seat to which mrs Hudson called him a true gentleman before John leaned forward, up out of his seat towards Sherlock who's back was towards him, grabbing his waist firmly and pulling him backwards onto himself.

Sherlock screamed and then landed with a muffled "oof" onto John who was chuckling quietly, John pressed a kiss to the side of Sherlock's head and Sherlock blushed even deeper, his face burning crimson under mrs Hudsons knowing look and smile.

"John!" Sherlock exclaimed when he finally had enough composure and tried to escape Johns lap.

"Nope" John replied, tightening his arms round Sherlock's waist and pulling him snug against himself. Sherlock's long gangly legs hanging over Johns but not touching the floor.

"I always knew it, I always knew" mrs Hudson smiled with a sigh, "I was afraid that maybe you'd never find each other" she said sadly.

"He was the stubborn git, mr-I'm-married-to-my-work, he turned me down on the first day I met him" John chuckled.

Mrs Hudson laughed a little then, her smile growing fond. "You have him now" mrs Hudson decided.

"I have, haven't I" John agreed and bounced his knee so that Sherlock went up and down like a toddler meeting Father Christmas and saying what they wanted. Sherlock somehow seemed to go even darker by that point, the tips of his ears burning like he'd been scalded.

John somehow drank his tea with no issues but Sherlock managed to spill his when John jigged him again. Like he did with Rosie.

"John I'm not a child" Sherlock whined, wiping the tea from his mouth.

"No, but you certainly act like one" John pointed out and even though Sherlock was scowling John could see a different softness in his eyes and how his mouth quirked up ever so slightly.

"Anyway we better head off in a bit mrs Hudson" John decided when he put his empty teacup back onto the tray, holding Sherlock firmly around the waist so he wouldn't slip.

"I'll take care of Rosie for the night" the landlady offered, a knowing smile on her lips. "You two just go up, I'll play some music"

Even John blushed slightly at that but his grin grew.

"Are you sure mrs.H?" John asked as he stood up properly, letting Sherlock slide free.

"Definitely, although if you hurt him, I will swap out your tea for something a little less soothing" Mrs Hudson warned.

"I wouldn't dream of it" John replied smoothly, sliding his arm round Sherlock's waist from behind and dragging the taller man backwards slightly so that he stumbled with a yelp.

John let Sherlock go at the door and waved goodbye to mrs Hudson as Sherlock squeaked out a farewell when John pinched his side.

John stepped closer to Sherlock, a threatening smile on his face and Sherlock stepped back, this happened until Sherlock's calfs hit the stair and he stumbled back with a thump.

"Not on my landing boys!" Mrs Hudson called out and Sherlock turned rosy cheeked.

Sherlock scampered when John leaned over him and ran up the stairs, John close at his tail.

When they got into the flat John grabbed Sherlock's coat but Sherlock dropped the coat in one fluid movement so that the coat pooled onto the floor.

Sherlock decidedly began running up the stairs to Johns room in seek of refuge when John grabbed his ankle and he flailed and squeaked out, landing on the stairs on his front with a grunt.

John leaned over, brushing a hand up Sherlock's jacket covered side.

"You donut" John said softly, fondly.

Sherlock whimpered slightly when trying to get better comfort on the steps  and rubbed a hand over his hip.

John offered Sherlock his hand and lifted him up back onto the normal flooring. He then picked Sherlock up bridal style and began carrying him up the stairs. Sherlock's long legs occasionally knocked the wall up the stairs and John was especially careful getting his body through the doorway before carrying him over to the bed and gently laying him down.

John crawled in the bed, toeing his shoes off and crawled over Sherlock, successfully pinning him down and straddling his hips.

"I'm gonna take care of you" John promised, leaning down to his ear and whispering. "We'll get to keep the tea"

Sherlock giggled quietly, his baritone echoing in the silent room.

"I know" Sherlock whispered back.