Chapter 3

Victoria's Pov//

Alex came back with some fresh clothes. She gave me a navy green jacket, ripped jeans, and a black tank top that stopped above my bellybutton. She also gave me a pair of combat boots. I thanked her, and went to the bathroom to change. I looked in the mirror once I was dressed.I sighed, I looked different. Back on Daxam, mother would never let me wear anything like this. I twiddled with the necklace my father gave me. I sadly smiled down at it, as my eyes started to water. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Everything okay there? I got a visitor here!" I heard Alex say. I quickly blinked my tears away.

"Y-Yeah, I'll be right out!" I stuttered. I ran a hand through my wavy hair and took one last look at myself. I pulled the door open. I saw Alex standing next to a man. My eyes widened in shock as they both turn around.

I gasped "Mon-El"

"Victoria... you're alive!" he happily exclaimed. I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back tightly. I felt tears stream down my face.

"I'll leave you two alone" I heard Alex say.

"I thought I lost you. I'm so happy you're alive." Mon-El said into my shoulder.

"Me too." He pulled away from the hug, holding onto my shoulders.

"Did you tell them about us? Our family?" He asked.

"No, I just told Alex and Kara that I lost my family."

"Why?" I asked him.

"Look, I just don't want you to tell them that we're the children of Daxam's king and queen." He whispered.

"But why Mon-El?"

"It's for our protection. Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded and hugged him again. (TFIOS Reference:))

"Come on, I'll show you around." he took my hand and led me out the room.

The DEO was huge. Everyone mostly wore black. Mon-El said it was their "uniforms." There was a balcony that led to the outside. As Mon-El talked about some random gadget thing. I dashed towards the stairs that led to the balcony. When I got to it I leaned against the railing. I looked up and saw the sky, it was blue and had white clouds. I looked down and saw other buildings, with other people in them. I wonder if most of them are aliens?

"VIC?!"
"VICTORIA!!"
I turned around to see Mon-El dashing towards me. He came to a stop once he was in front of me.

"Yes?" I asked, looking back at the view. Mon-El sighed.

"Look, I just don't want you out of my sight. You're my little sister, and as your big brother it's my job to protect you at all costs. I'm not losing you, ever." He explained. I smiled and gave him a kiss on his cheek. He put his arm around me and led me back inside.

"Come on you rascal." He said, I looked up at him.

"I'm a what now?" I asked.

"On Earth it's like calling a person childish, or if they're always up to something" he explained. I was impressed at his knowledge of earthly customs. I nodded as he walked up to a guy. He wasn't dressed like most of the workers here. He wasn't wearing a black uniform.

"Winn" Mon-El called. The "Winn" guy turned in his chair.

"Hey man,anddd.."he spoke staring at me.

"Winn, meet my sister, Victoria. Vic meet Winn." I smiled at him and waved. He smiled back and chuckled.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Victoria. I actually need to run some tests on you." Winn mentioned pointing at me.