Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

I stumbled through the door of my house, using the wall for support as I closed the door.

I'd only just made it home; it was a long way from the school and it took me longer than it usually would. Tears ran down my face as I painfully made my way up the stairs. I dropped my bag and practically crawled up the remainder of the staircase.

No-one else was home right now, and I didn't know what to do. I made it to the top of the stairs and just laid there; I couldn't go any further. Every movement hurt and I just laid there and cried in pain.

***

Ashley's Point of View:

I felt kinda bad about not going to school today. I didn't know if anyone else turned up, but from what I knew, Vic and Mike weren't gonna be there, and neither was Ronnie. Jinxx had texted me earlier on saying he wasn't gonna make it to school, as his parents wanted him home for something; Deryck was still off school which meant that...only Andy was gonna be at school.

That had me slightly worried. I just hoped he hadn't gotten into any trouble. I'd stopped by his place earlier on, just after we'd usually get home, but the door was still locked, indicating he wasn't there.

It was nearly five now, so I decided to go check up on him, make sure he was alright, as I didn't know what'd happened at school today, as I hadn't been there.

Both my parents made me take the day off, as they didn't want me 'getting into trouble again so soon'. It'll be fine, they said. Don't worry, they said. You need a day off anyway, they said.

Uh, parents.

I walked outta the house, locking the door after me, just in case. You never knew in this town. Anyone could be lurking 'round the corner.

I walked down the sidewalk and to Andy's house, knocking on the door. When there was no answer, I knocked again.

"Andy?" I called. "You home?"

I knocked again, but there was still no answer, so I tried the door. It was unlocked, which struck me as odd, as that meant that someone was home.

I opened the door slowly and looked in.

"Andy?"

I stopped and listened. That was when I heard someone. They sounded in quite a lot of pain and that worried me. I walked through the door and over to the stairs.

"Andy?"

I saw him lying at the top of the stairs and I quickly rushed up and knelt down beside him. He was just completely in tears.

"Oh God, Andy? Are you ok? What happened?"

Goddamn it Ashley, he's not gonna answer you. He's clearly in too much pain. God, why would you even ask that?

"Andy?" I said again. "C'mon man, answer me. Whatcha want me to do?"

Andy didn't respond, as he was in too much pain to say anything. Since I couldn't think of anything else to do, I just dialled Vic's number.

***

Vic's Point of View:

"You gonna answer your phone Vic?"

I just shrugged and kept my eyes on the T.V. "Eh dunno."

My phone continued to ring and Mike finally got sick of it. He reached over me and grabbed my phone; answering it.

"Yeah?"

I just kept watching what was on T.V. as Mike spoke to whoever was on the other end of the line.