ⓣwo

AXEL ALWAYS SPENT AN EXTRA-LONG TIME AT THE WELCOMING FEAST

AXEL ALWAYS SPENT AN EXTRA-LONG TIME AT THE WELCOMING FEAST. He liked knowing that he's greeted all of his friends. Therefore he commonly found himself sitting and chatting on a random house table, long after his close friends went to bed.

The other fifth-year, Gryffindor boys stopped waiting up for him all the way back in second year. Consequently, Axel was rather used to quietly, sneaking into his dorm while his dormmates were passed out with exhaustion.

What he wasn't expecting, was all of his friends up and engaged in a heated conversation. Especially one about such a controversial topic.

"She believes the Daily Prophet?" was the first thing Axel heard as he opened the door. "She thinks I'm a liar and Dumbledore's an old fool?"

He watched as Seamus looked up at Harry, who was the source of the voice, and nodded his head.

"Yeah, something like that."

Harry said nothing. He threw his wand down on to his bedside table, pulled off his robes, stuffed them angrily into his trunk and pulled on his pyjamas. Axel's brown eyes roamed over the rest of the room, spotting Neville and Dean all busying themselves in their own packing. The lack of Ron took the brunette by surprise, but he had other worries on his mind.

Brilliant, he thought, Now it'll be my responsibly if they end up fighting.

With rapid movements, Harry jumped into his bed and started closing the hangings. Yet before he could do so, Seamus said "Look... what did happen that night when... you know, when... with Cedric Diggory and all?"

His voice was so full of eagerness that even Axel, who was previously stood by Seamus, backed off in shock. Dean, who had been bending over his trunk trying to retrieve a slipper, went oddly still and it was obvious to everyone that he was also listening.

Harry's eyes shone in the dim candlelight as they took in the two boy's still frames. A dark chuckle left his mouth as he also spotted Axel, who was now protectively sliding towards Seamus.

"What are you asking me for? Just read the Daily Prophet like your mother, why don't you? That'll tell you all you need to know." Both Seamus, Dean and Axel opened their mouths to protest, but it was the first boy who spoke.

"Don't you have a go at my mother," Seamus snapped.

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar!" said Harry. Hearing his harsh tone, Dean backed away towards his own bed which only made Axel step closer to Seamus.

"Don't talk to me like that"

"I'll talk to you how I want," said Harry, his temper rising so fast he snatched his wand back from his bedside table. "If you've got a problem sharing a dormitory with me, go and ask McGonagall if you can be moved ... stop your mummy worrying –"