Lights

Taylor:

"Meredith, go away!"

Great waking up to a bothersome cat. I was hoping I could just sleep through today, that way I don't have to talk to anybody.

And so began the constant morning routine: get out of bed, take a shower, brush teeth, get dressed.

I'd wonder why I even bother getting dressed, but Mom made me promise that'd I'd go out at least once every day. All Mom seems to do now is make sure I'm doing well, making me call her every day, and making me go out every day; she doesn't stop. You'd think her and dad could at least come visit me at least once a year, considering I haven't seen them in person in almost three years.

I looked at the TV as I walked past, why do I still have it? It's not like I actually watch it, I don't even know what's happened in the world in the past two weeks. Then, as usual, the phone rang, with my mom being the caller.

"Hi Mom."

"Taylor, are you okay?"

"Yes Mom, when am I not okay?"

"Taylor please don't start, I just want to have a good conversation, that's all."

"Well that's a bit of a challenge considering you never come visit me!"

"Please Taylor, I don't want to argue! I just want to talk!"

"I'm fine Mom, goodbye!"

As usual, then came the waterworks. I honestly do wish I could have a simple conversation with Mom, I really, really do. Pulling myself together, I threw on a coat and a scarf, and headed out into New York City.

*****

The cold air made me shiver as I walked into the small coffee shop around the corner from my apartment building. This is usually the only reason why I like going out of my building, as it's a quiet shop, and not one of those big chains like Starbucks.

I try to make as little contact with people as possible when I'm here; as much as I love it here, I just don't want to talk to anyone, hell, I don't even like talking to my own mother.

"Good morning, what would you like today?"

The barista asked me a simple question, and after my conversation with Mom, I had to keep myself from having a panic attack, just to answer a question.

"Um, I'll just have a hot chocolate."

"Here you go, have a great day!"

Turning around, I just happened to walk into somebody, thus making my spill my hot chocolate.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry."

"No that was my fault, are you alright?"

A British accent responds to me, and when I look up, I have to hold myself back from calling him beautiful. That was the word, beautiful. There wasn't another word for it. Well this a new feeling.

"Hello? Anyone in there?"

"Oh...um, yeah, I'm fine."

"Oh good, I'll replace whatever that drink was. What did you order?"

"No it's fine...you really don't have to."

"I insist, what-"

"It's fine!"

There I go again, storming away from something that I like; well, this time, it was two things: the coffee shop, and that boy. Whatever his name was. I never found out.

Dammit, Taylor.

A/N: HELLO EVERYONE

So this is my new story, and I felt that this chapter was pretty good, minus the last paragraph; but oh well. I got the idea for this story while I was petting my cousin's cats on vacation, so now I'm home and I have time to write; even though spring break ends in two days.

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Jay, who designed the flawless cover for this story; you can find him here on wattpad @almosts, or on twitter @finlayshire. He's been an amazing friend even thigh we've only spoken through twitter, so go check out his stories and follow him on twitter.

That's it for this chapter and author's note I guess. I hope you have an amazing day and/or night, and I hope you feel really confident in yourself, because you're amazing, and I really hole you can see that.

I love you :) - Will

twitter: peroxidehearts

instagram: inkswift

tumblr: wrecksof86

Edit: just a little note that I don't like the end of this chapter, but whataya gonna do?