10

A knock sounds on Jiyeon's therapist's office. He looks up startled, clearly not expecting random visitors. The door clicks open slightly and a voice flows into the room.

"May I come in? It's Min Yoongi."

"Sure, come in," he says. Yoongi enters the room and shuts the door behind him. He bows and then sits in one of the chairs across from him, as gestured to do so.

"I assume you are here to speak about Park Jiyeon?"

"Yes. I want to talk about her future progress," Yoongi states.

"Oh?" He asks, leaning in, intent on hearing what Yoongi has to offer.

"I've promised to help her get out of here, for lack of better words. But in order to do that, there needs to be a few deals made on your end."

"I'm all ears."

"She can't have another roommate. That's the first priority."

"She needs to socialize with oth..." The therapist starts to argue.

"No. She needs to be around constant variables. I am one of them and so are you and her nurses. She's hard enough to break through to as it is, adding more people to the mix only causes her more stress and anxieties. If you want her to get better, than this needs to happen."

"But rooming..."

"I don't care. If I have to pay for this to happen, I will." Yoongi's tone is serious and straightforward.

The therapist debates to himself for a while. "Fine. What else?" He doesn't sound happy, but allows Yoongi to continue regardless.

"Her therapy sessions need to be brief. You can't push her to speak if she doesn't want to."

"She needs to talk through her prob..."

"Listen here," Yoongi says in an almost threatening tone. "Jiyeon wants to get out of here. She wants to leave this place desperately. But in order to get better, she needs things to work at her pace. You can't force her to open up if she isn't comfortable."

"But she's been talking to me since she got here?"

"And after what happened with her roommate, how did she react? She shut down, she stopped talking. Imagine having your only support taken from her. And don't count forced support, support that is only there because it's mandatory. There's no relationship, no bond in that. She needs genuine reassurance to get better. You can't expect her to open up to someone who is almost a brick wall."

The therapist remains silent.

"Her therapy sessions need to be brief. Small check ins really. She'll report what she needs to report on her own. If she's done after that and there are no clarifying questions to be asked, she can leave. She doesn't like to dwell on things and be asked endless questions. She wants to vent and then be done."

The therapist remains silent still.

"Next, she needs take her meds. This should be passed onto the nurses, but this has to be done. She'll cooperate if she feels comfortable."

The therapist nods.

"This next one isn't a request, it's just going to happen. I'm coming when I see fit. If that's daily or hourly even. It's what's best for Jiyeon."

"Is it really?" The therapist almost spits at Yoongi.

"I'm her only trusted friend in this world. You take away the person who promises to help her get out of here and limit my visits, she's going to fall right back to where she was and good luck getting her anywhere close to where she is now."

The therapist sighs. "Anythign else?"

"One more thing. The left over rope on the rafter? Get it off of there."

A long silence is let between Yoongi and the therapist.

"Is that all?"

"Yes."

"You have a deal."