12

"How's that girl you're seeing?" Jungkook asks Yoongi one day in the dorm. Bangtan is on a lunch break, eating random odds and ends they found in the kitchen. Hoseok and Jimin almost choke on their noodles when they hear the question.

"Hyung...You're seeing someone?" Jimin exclaims.

"The girl in the institution," Yoongi reminds them.

"Oh, like visiting," Hoseok nods, taking another bite.

"What's her name?" Jin asks.

"Park Jiyeon."

"Is she doing well?"

Yoongi nods with a sweet smile, "Yeah, much better than when I met her."

"Any help to you?" Namjoon asks, almost in a joking manner.

"Yes," Yoongi says straight forwardly. It catches the other rapper off guard.

"Oh, how so?"

"I've become her reason to get better."

They all coo affectionately.

"Not that way," Yoongi rolls his eyes. "She doesn't have a family to go to when she gets released and no friends either, so she needed a person or reason to try to get healthy again. I'm that reason."

"How does she not have friends? Not even ones in the institution?" Jin asks, perplexed by the idea.

Yoongi hesitates. "It's complicated."

The members shrug it off.

"I think it's nice that you're helping her. How did you get involved with the hospital again though?" Hoseok asks.

"They just called me out of nowhere asking if I wanted to help be a part of their new program."

"Are you liking it?"

"Yeah, it's kind of nice."

"It's not hard on you or anything?" Hoseok asks.

Yoongi shakes his head.

"You'd tell us if it was, right hyung?"

They all look at him intently, on bated breath for his response.

"I would. But I assure you, I'm okay."

They nod and eat in silence. Yoongi does understand their concern for him being surrounded by potential triggers, but he doesn't see it that way. He's not handling a situation that was like his at all, far from it actually. Jiyeon's case is so unique and distant from what his was, it's hard for him to see it in any similar light to how his went. All it does is make him angry when he thinks for too long or hard about it.

"So, when she gets released, does she have any plans?" Namjoon asks.

"What?" Yoongi asks, caught off guard.

"Does Jiyeon have any plans for when she gets released, or is she just going to rely on you for everything?"

Yoongi shrugs. "We haven't talk about it."

"Because we can't very well have her stay here. That's just asking for trouble..."

"I know that," Yoongi says with attitude. "I'll help her find a job and a decent place to stay. I'll help her build a life."

"You're a good person for helping her," Jin commends. Yoongi looks over at his hyung who is smiling at Yoongi like he's a kind of angel or something. Yoongi returns the gesture.

"Aren't I? Such an angel Min Yoongi is," he refers to himself. It makes the others laugh at his goofiness.