16

Jiyeon slides on a pretty dress that holds onto her thin frame like it's clutching on for dear life. She looks down at herself and examines what she sees. No matter how hard she's tried, she remains thin like a stick, but maybe that's good? She uncreases a few places around the bottom where it's bunched up when there's a knock on the door. Inside steps a nurse, her nurse actually. She looks the young girl up and down and smiles proudly.

"I am going to miss you so much," she speaks to Jiyeon. It makes her smile.

"Thank you for taking care of me," she returns. Jiyeons steps in for a hug and the nurse almost cries while they embrace. Being able to see this girl who came to her place of work as a traumatized and fragile girl and see her leave after a lot of hard and fast work suddenly, it makes her so blessed to have been a part of it and to see her off into the real world to make a name for herself.

"Take care of yourself, we are always here for you. I know you're going to do so well out there, Jiyeon."

"Thank you."

She leaves after they embrace one last time. Jiyeon busies herself with putting a few last minute items in her large cases before shutting them tightly around the clasps that do the job. She looks around the now bare room that once felt like prison to her. While it does still hold some dangerous and rather emotional memories, she knows that she can leave them behind. Not forget them completely, just move on from them. They've all helped her get to the place she's in now and she is grateful for that. They are the same moments that ended up bringing Min Yoongi to her.

Jiyeon is next greeted by her doctor, who smiles proudly at her. "Are you ready?" He asks.

"Yes," she nods, beginning to take her cases with her, but she struggles. The doctor waves for her to stop what she's doing. He calls down the hall for an institution assistant, a strong young male, who hurries over to take them and help carry them to the bottom floor. Jiyeon looks around the old building as she walks through it one last time. While it does have a lot of modern technology and newly designed spaces, it's impossible to ignore that the base of the building itself is not from the current era. She nears the doors but pauses. She can see outside to the front entrance.

"Are you alright?" The doctor asks, extending a hand to her. She looks closer outside and sees a car.

"Is Yoongi out there?" She asks.

"Yes."

"Can you bring him in here?" She asks. The doctor softly nods and fetches him for her.

"Are you okay?" He asks when stepping in. He's dressed in jeans, as typical fashion for him, but he wears a rather simple t shirt, a white one. It's partially tucked in at the front, making it known that it's a bit too long for him. His hair is swept around and his face is smooth and clean. He steps close to her and looks her up and down, trying to read her body language.

"There's one thing I want to do before I leave..."

"What's that?" He asks, curious to her last desire.

"Is the courtyard open?" Jiyeon asks the doctor. He nods and she grabs Yoongi's wrist hastily. He sucks a breath in as she hurriedly tugs him along and out the door to the area that she so often looked down on. She hurries to a spot and looks straight up at the building and points.

"What are you...?" Yoongi asks, walking over to her, shielding his eyes while he looks up too.

"That was my room," she says proudly.

"Was," he nods. She nods and smiles and then looks up at him.

"I never came out here, but I thought I should one time."

"Why did I need to be here for it?" He asks. His tone mocks the one she used the other day with him, the same tone that drove him a bit crazy when he thought about what she meant when she asked that odd question.

"To be by my side, like you have been for so long already."

Yoongi smiles.

"It's also a bit freeing," she continues, "to see it from the other side, knowing that I don't have to go back up. Being able to look up and know it's all done now. My time here, it's in the past. And I can move on..."

She turns around and looks towards the city, though she can't see it because of the retaining wall. Yoongi turns around and looks with her, in the general direction.

"If you're ready to move on then," he says, turning his head to look down, "Why don't we leave then? The world awaits you, Park Jiyeon."