#15 Second Chance Soulmates

© Joanna Bock 2017 All Rights Reserved

~Shawn

I never thought I would return to this dead end hole. I never thought I would be single at 37 with two kids I never see while living in a run down cabin on the lake. To be honest I am not sad about the house I hated this town growing up and I swore I was never coming back after I knocked my old man flat on his arse, kissed my mother on the cheek and walked out the door of this very house, I had the whole world at my feet. I left nothing behind in this one horse town... well nothing expect Kaylee.

I saw her again today. It has been so long and to be honest everything I felt about her back then came flooding back and hit me like a brick wall smashing into me at thousand miles an hour. I never really stopped wondering what she did, where she was. I couldn't believe how amazing she looked, how much she really hadn't changed. I loved that girl with every piece of my soul and for some screwed up reason we just gave up and went on with our lives. I remember the way Kaylee used to smile and laugh when I would kiss her neck. I used to take her back to my room and just hold her for hours in this big bean bag. I loved that stuff. Now I want to do it all over again. She was my first and I was hers, I am glad about that. Now though after seeing her again I want her to be my last__ I just wish I knew how to ask her.

I tore another page from the journal I had been keeping at my councillors advice. At first I though it was a crock of shit to be honest but it helped, now though its turning into a freaking puppy sick chick flick and it was all because of her. When Monica left me and she walked out with the kids I figured life was over. Coming home from work to find an empty shell of a house with nothing but my clothes on the floor and the dog sitting on the middle of the damn kitchen floor staring at his empty bowl. Shit the bitch even took his food, just left an empty freaking bowl sitting there with a lost mutt which was supposed to be a gift for the kids. Hell I am still surprised she didn't take the damn bowl but I'm not at all surprised she left the dog. She couldn't stand him she was always complaining about his hair on her precious white carpet. Hell I brought the damn carpet, I paid for the bitches tits too but I'm guessing I was lucky if I ever got to touch the bloody things. Not like Bob, good old Bob at number 224 Bob and his sticky fucking dick. Good riddance to the gold digging bitch she's Bob's problem now. But Kaylee now there a sight for sore eye and I suspect her gorgeous tits are real too but I cant think of her that way I wish I had just worked a little harder to show her we were good together when we were younger I wish I had shared a life with her and not the fake cow who is still sucking my dry but not in a good way I might have enjoyed.

~Kaylee

When I was Twelve I fell in love with a boy. He was my first kiss, my first real Kiss and my first__ well I don't want to tell you that part. Now he is much older and so am I. He got married and had children and well so did I. But we are both single now and I don't know how to ask him if he still thinks about me the way I think about him.

So this is my letter to him.

Hey Baby,

Do you remember me?

I am the girl you kissed in the playground when we were just kids. I am the girl you took to your friends place and held by the camp fire we all built on the paddock out the back of the lake. I remember the way you told me you would always be there. I remembered the way you claimed you would always care.

The brush of your fingers though my hair as we kiss in the fire light, It was the first time I ever kissed a boy you know with all the French bits as I called it back then. I remember you tasted like beer and cigarettes that we had snuck out of your mothers packet when she wasn't there. ___