My G Rated centrefold

© copyright Joanna Bock 2012 All Rights Reserved.

Sara Jenkins sat in the train station

She was going anywhere but here, there was nothing left for her except a run down flat and a Father that drunk and beat her. The bruises were plain to see and she was tied of telling whoever asked that doors bite.

There was one thing that had made her stay but he had never noticed her, Cody Dekland. His bad ass smile and his moody brown eyes, he was a killer to any girl who got close enough.

Eat them up and spit them out, which seemed to be his motto.

Sara didn’t care that was his style. She cared that he never tried to do it to her.

He never did anything expect every now and again she would catch him taking pictures of her with the old camera he would carry wherever he went.

‘Photographing the freak’ it was all she was to him, yet to her__ he was the stars, the moon and the sun he orbited her world but she would never tell him nor would she ever fool herself into believing he would ever see her as anything more than the freak.  

Cody Dekland sat on the hill over looking the small run down town that was nothing more than a corner store, some tea rooms, a gas station and the movie theatre, at the opposite end of the main street there was a train station.

Cody sat with a 300mm lens attached to his 35mm camera, he could have gone for digital equipment like everyone else but he liked film- liked spending time alone in the darkroom developing the images.

Images of her.

Sara Jenkins was a beautiful brunette wanting to be discovered but Cody wasn’t ever going to be the one who did that.

She was shy, she kept to herself and like him, and she had a secret.

Only her secret was not a secret to him.

She had come to school too many times with bruises to be anything but a battered kid.

Cody had followed her one day. Even though she had no idea he had.

Her father was drunk; he pushed her into the wall as she reached the door, yelling because she was late.

School had finished exactly 22 minutes earlier and she had run almost half the way home.

Cody had watched as she silently took it before promising it would never happen again. He had pushed her one more time just for the hell of it Sara’s face had hit the wall and her nose had bled.

Cody flexed his hand balling his fingers into a fist, he itched to hit the bastard, punish him for what he did to her.

Now she sat on the platform a small bag rested at her feet, she wouldn’t do it she wouldn’t get on the train.

This was the fifth time she had done this, the fifth time she had tried to leave.

Cody considered going down there, he wasn’t sure why.

He could tell her to get on the train to go and never look back, but he never wanted to see her go.

Sometimes she would catch him photographing her, yet there were hundreds, possibly thousands of pictures all of them her.