Why are Boys so mean

© Copyright Joanna Bock 2012 All Rights Reserved.

Why do boys have to suck so much?

There is this boy in my class, and his name is Jared, and I just wished he would leave me alone.

Jared started in my class when we were 6, and ever since he has picked on me. To name all of the things he has done to me, would take all week.

He has told people I eat dirt; that I once kissed a frog just to see if it would become a prince, and that I picked my nose.

He has shut me in the cleaning cupboard, hung me bag in a tree, tripped me up more times than I can remember, or even care to, he has pulled my chair out as I went to sit down, put honey in my hair, as well as in my bag and the worst of all, he cut my long amber curls off, just because he felt like it.

I hate him.

If I ate dirt I would have known,

Gina and I made mud-pies a couple of times which we threw at Jared but he only threw them back. No fair.

The honey was a real big pain in the butt too I was still stinky after the failed attempt of cleaning it up, it was the middle of February, so imagine the heat.

Jared got in trouble for that.

But my Hair- oh god I cried for days over that one, he took scissors off me and told me I could hurt myself with them, I wasn’t sure where he was going with it all; at least I didn’t understand at first.

He looked straight at me and said something like.

“You could slip and cut someone or cut myself like this.”

 That was the moment I felt me hair half in weight, it was long too, all the way to the base of my back, I never got it that long again, he cut it a few inches below the hair band at the base of my neck, at least he didn’t cut it at the hair band.

I remember he looked a little stunned for a moment, before he took the hair from the floor and ran away with it which I still don’t understand why,

He got in trouble for it, his mother hit the roof- heck my mother hit the roof.

I couldn’t believe the day he shut me in the supply cupboard it was worse than the half hour or so in the cleaning cupboard with the smell of wet mops and toilet cleaner, and twice as bad as the way people laughed as he took my chair away as I went to sit down.

The Supply cupboard is where the teachers can go for things like pens, chalk, paper and spare text books.

But on one hot day in March, I spent 4 long hours shut in the stinking, hot, dark, small space.

He finally let me out with one condition,

I must kiss Hamish his best friend, I was so desperate to be let out I didn’t really protest.

The only thing that really confused me was Jared’s reaction when I was done being rehydrated in Hamish’s spit__

Jared pushed Hamish into the wall and stormed off in a huff.

Kissing Hamish wasn’t on my bucket list of top ten things I must do before I die then, and it is still not on that bucket list now, and never again will I let Jared make me agree to ‘conditions’