Chapter 5

MUDBLOOD.

Snape walked out of his class and sighed, going to his favorite place by the river to take a break. The only places he often visited were the library and the lake. He liked the soothing sound of the water running through the lake, it helped him relax his mind.
He placed his brown leather bag beside him and took a seat on the ground.
A smile spread across his lips as he leaned back and lay on his back, watching the blue sky above him. It was magical.

"Now who do we have here?"
"Stop it James."
Snape looked up opening his eyes when he heard the familiar sweet voice that ran through his ears everyday and was calming to his heart.
"Lily..." He sat up and frowned upon seeing lily's hand clenched around James's arm, holding onto it.
"Lily? Look at this nerd." James chuckled and pulled out his wand.
"Shall we have some fun Sirius?" James turned to look at the boy beside him who laughed and nodded his head.
Before he knew Snape was lifted into the air like he was a toy. He could only gasp in surprise, his whole body going cold from the fright of what James could do. His limbs flailed around in mid air as he tried to scream but nothing came out. James had turned Snape upside down and before he could stop it, his pants yanked up revealing his underwear that hug his skinny frame.
"Let him down!" Lily protested as she glared at James. James laughed but eventually let Snape down back on his feet.

In a hurry Snape pulled his pants back up with shaking hands, his whole body trembling from embarrassment.

If only there was a spell that he knew to reverse time and do the same to James.

"Look at him, crying now are we Snape?" Laughed Sirius to which James clicked his tongue with a smirk.

Lily pulled herself away from James and rushed towards Severus to help him only to be pushed away by his trembling cold hands.
"Let go of me!" Snape said.
"I am trying to help Severus-" She said as she moved closer again, concerned.
"You are nothing but a Mudblood. You can't help anyone."

A long silence filled the atmosphere, which was broken by a soft sob. Lily stared at his best friend in complete and utter shock as she took a few steps back.
"I hate you." Is the last words she spoke before she ran away, James and Sirius following behind.
Snape sighed as he dropped his head in his palms, cursing himself for being so stupid.

How could he ever call lily a Mudblood. He sure didn't mean that.

Did he?

"Lily..." He tried to talk to the girl when he found her sitting in the library only for her to slam her book shut and walk away.

"Lily..." He whispered as he entered class and sat beside the girl on the empty space for her to only leave him sitting alone.

Did he really hurt Lily that bad?

"Lily, I am sorry..." He rushed after her only for James to step between and push him back making him fall on his back.

"Lady doesn't want to talk to you, thick head." James smirked and winked at the fallen boy before he walked out with an arm wrapped around Lily's shoulders.

He sure hated James.

Lily was distant and Snape couldn't do anything for her to forgive him. He felt angry with himself for letting himself get so angry to speak without realizing what he said.

He should've been careful with his words. He was no pure blood himself either but because of a pureblood he lost the most precious thing he had in his life, Lily's friendship.

I will take my revenge, James Potter.