Chapter 8

THE DEATHLY HALLOWS.

A few years had passed by since graduation. Snape had taught himself to keep his distance from the Potters.

He was quite successful, until that night fell upon the world.

The night he lost everything.

Tom Riddle rose back to power, taking up a new identity of Lord Voldermort. He was the greatest evil there ever was. Any wizard who dare came between him and his mission was diminished. Wiped from the face of earth, forever.

Lily and James Potter were one of the few that wanted to stop them and became a target of the evil lord himself.

Snape had rushed to their house as fast as he could only to find a pale body lay down lifeless on the wooden floor. Her long locks covering her face enough to let her bright green eyes shine in the moonlight.

He fell onto his knees, long held tears finally escaping his eyes as he clenched Lily's lifeless pale body in his trembling hands.

She was dead.

His Lily... was gone.

He let out a pained scream as he held lily's head to his chest.

He took everything. He took his Lily.

If only she hadn't met that Potter. His lily would've been in his arms, smiling at him with eyes full of love and life.

"Control yourself Severus." An old man whispered from within the corridor.
"He killed her, Headmaster."
"There. There. I know... We must protect Harry."
"That child is not my responsibility, Albus!" Snape muttered.
"He is the only thing left that belongs to Lily, Severus."

How could he give up so easily?

Snape did everything he could to bring lily back. He attempted to save Lily from the wrath a million times only to see her fall dead right in front of his eyes. He could not change the past no matter what he did.
He felt helpless.
He felt hopeless.

"Severus, stop torturing yourself like that." Albus came and placed his hand on top of Severus's shoulder to comfort him.
"Is there a way that I could bring her back from the dead, Albus?" He questioned.
"Yes, indeed."
"How?"
"You know the answer, Severus."

Yes indeed, he knew. He always knew.

He did what he had to, he gave up everything dear to his heart to get lily back. He gave up his own mind and health in an attempt to bring her back and so when she stood in front of him, glowing bright, he couldn't pull his eyes away from her beauty.

"Lily..." He whispered and reached out his hand to touch Lily only for it to go through her.

"Lily..." He whispered her name again in a whispered, fighting back his tears.

"James?" The figure spoke. He clenched his hand into fists and grabbed his wand pointing it right at the spirit.

"You are not my lily!" He yelled at the spirit in between his tears that covered his face.

"Where is James, Severus?"

"I have loved you Lily, I will always love you. Why can't you see that?" He covered his face when the wand slipped right from his hands.

"Severus I can't stay... take care of Harry... He is your responsibility." The figure whispered, moving closer to leave a soft cold kiss on Snape's wet cheek.

"Lily don't..." He begged, falling right to his knees, looking up at the spirit. Tears never stopping once.

"Lily please..."

"Stay..."

"Lily please stay..."

"Stay with me, I love you..."