Chapter 7

OBJECTIONS.

Snow. Snape loved the snow, but lily, she hated it. He still remembers how her nose would always turn red whenever she would come visit Snape at the playground. Snape always found her puffed out cheeks cute.

It was winter and Severus's heart had turn cold just like the weather that he watched alone from the window of his room.

It was time.

Snape glanced at his packed suitcase and sighed before he grabbed it, carrying it out of the bed to the hallways where all the students' luggage pilled up.

It was the end of school; the students all gathered up in the great hall to one last time celebrate their graduation. Snape sat on his usual spot in the Slytherin house, watching Lily from afar.

Over the years she had grown into a beautiful woman and it would often make Snape look back at their memories together as a kid. When she would always run to Snape to tell him about a magic trick she learned or the time when she would just casually look at him and gave him a smile.

She was still beautiful as ever, her eyes that oh he dearly loved were still just as he remembered.

The only thing that changed about his lily was that she didn't belong to him anymore. From a distance he could see the ring that sat on her finger. This was it. She was marrying James.

No Objections?

Severus hated farewells and so naturally he also hated parties. He stayed for lily. He wanted James to take his filthy hands off of Lily but who was he to object.

"Severus..." Lily stepped closer to him and smiled at the man.

Oh how he hated that darn smile.

The things that it did to him.

"Look what happened in the past, I understand you probably didn't mean the things you said that day. James wants to know if you would like to come to our wedding, perhaps? We are getting married a week from now."

"Ok." He coldly whispered, his eyes never once meeting hers.

The voice that once soothed him was piercing holes into his chest and he stood frozen in his place, unable to move.

He knew already how much lily loved James, but he could never see what James had that Snape didn't. Was it because he was a pureblood? He was a disgusting creature regardless.

"You will come right?" She grabbed his hand in her small ones, and for an instant he felt his whole world stop.

How could he say "no" to Lily?

How could he?

So there he was, dressed up in a tux in the audience, witnessing the love of his life get married to the man he despised.

How could he object when she was so happy?

Had she ever been so happy with him?

"Take a picture with us, Severus?"

How could he reject?

"I am Lily Potter now! Isn't that cute? What do you think, Severus?"

How could he object?

"Dance with me, Severus?"

How could he say no?

"Forget me, Severus."

How could he?