Prison Pals: Chapter 6

((Synopsis: Mike is trapped in a cell, reminiscing his latest battle and is later joined by Dawn, who shares her story with him.))

Drops of water plopped down from the ceiling, thin rays of light seeping into the damp prison area. Mike shook his head blankly, blinking awkwardly at the wall in front of him. His skin was bruised, more so than before he was captured, a few wounds here and there that were swelling up fast.

Last he remembered, he was returning from one of his feeder villages with his small battalion of soldiers. He went over there to check up on things when their situation went from bad to sucktacular.

A soldier rode up to Mike's side, stuttering anxiously, "Uh, Captain? Do you smell smoke?" Soon enough, after he said that, a flaming arrow whiffed over Mike's hair, setting it ablaze. He started to panic, slamming his head frantically to put it out as he ordered, "Move out, fast!"

The troops took heed, riding through the forest and narrowly dodging arrow after arrow. Eventually, Mike got struck in the left shoulder. He grimaced, the flaming hot arrow luckily cauterizing the wound before it bled through his shirt, although, his shirt then caught fire.

"Oh come on!" he yelled, quickly using his free hand to rip the sleeve off and toss it to a nearby tree. Normally he would have hesitated, thinking it would bring Vito out, but he didn't have to worry about that anymore.

He looked around him, shocked to find the rest of his army had split up, abandoning him. He shook his head, tugging the reins and hastily halting the horse's movements. As he scouted the area, Mike tried to remain hidden as he did so. Unfortunately, it did not go well.

"There's the Lord, grab him men!" a voice called from the bushes, and several enemy troops burst from the trees. Mike jumped, quite literally, as he descended from his horse and sprinted away. He almost escaped the assault, only for one guard to tackle him to the ground, knocking his head against the dirt.

As he fought to remain conscious and struggled to free himself, his eyes scanned the area. Trees, trees, all he saw were more and more trees. "Got you, Lord Lightning will be pleased," his opponent cackled gleefully, smashing Mike's face back down and beating his body to a pulp. His vision faded and then fell to nothing but black.

He sighed, grabbing his shoulder and leaning his head against the jagged rock wall. Little spikes poked his neck, but he really didn't take it as much. His mind was set on one thing and one thing alone, the safety of Zoey. It was all he could think about, with his personalities gone he couldn't distract himself from his worries. At least, not until he heard heavy footsteps approaching him.

"Let go of me, traitors!" A tiny voice ordered, and Mike recognized it immediately. A guard was accompanying the prisoner, holding her by the arm and dragging her across the ground. "Shut it, Witch! Just get into the cell," the soldier said, tossing her into the cell with him, "And stop with that traitor bullcrap, we all know you're the real traitor."

He locked the gate behind him and proceeded to walk off. The woman grasped the bars, screeching furiously back to him, "You monster, you know nothing! Your Lord is pathetic, you'll see!" She eventually calmed down, still fuming when Mike acknowledged her presence and spoke to her.

"Dawn? Is that you?" He asked, the pale lady spinning around at the mention of her name, wrapping her arms around her comrade. "Mike! Thank goodness I'm not alone! I had a feeling I'd see someone," she squeaked, relaxing her body as she noticed his injuries, "Oh my gosh, you look awful! Let me guess..." Mike nodded before she finished and Dawn's face sank.

"How did you get here?" Mike questioned, watching Dawn rub her cheek in frustration. She exhaled sharply, responding bluntly, "Lightning attacked Scott and me for no reason, and he caught me while I was helping Scott escape. He managed to run off, and Lightning knocked me out...and now I'm here." Her entire body started shaking, and he could tell she was worried about Scott.

Mike patted her on the back, "I know how you feel. I was coming back from a mission when my men and I were ransacked and his troops captured me. I have no idea how Zoey is if she's okay, or alive, or..." he stopped, a nervous lump caught in his throat. He tried to speak, but couldn't bring himself to. Dawn hugged him again, quietly staining his clothes with tears as they sat in the darkness, hoping for their partner's safety.

*Words: 776*

((I honestly didn't know what to write for this part, so it's a little shorter... I also am going with the fact that the GOD AWFUL RESET BUTTON happened in this universe, so no personalities. Let me know if I should change that! ~Kay☆))