Battle for the Ages Part 1: Chapter 14

((Synopsis: Scarlett is leading a new battalion against Jo's kingdom, and is reviewing the plans for the rising armageddon.))

The red-haired Lord cleared her throat, gaining the attention of the other Lords in her presence. Lightning had woken up that morning and insisted he got back to work immediately. Scarlett was in the middle of planning their next move, the other lords refused to pay proper attention, and it was getting on her nerves. 

"Excuse me!" she tried again, still nothing, the chatter kept going. Her right eye twitched heavier, and she slammed her fists on the table, "QUIET!" The Lords faced her again, and one of them scoffed. "Geez, angry much?" she whispered to her husband beside her, earning a glare from the Eastern Queen. "Lady Heather, can you focus?!" King Shawn shrieked, jumping from his chair offensively, his wife grabbing his shoulders and shoving him back into his chair. 

"Do you have a death wish?" Heather growled, clenching her fists tightly as she tried to stand from her seat to retaliate, only for Lord Alejandro to sit her back down. "Sha-seriously, we got to figure something out!" Lightning stated, his eyes scanning the room. Lord Shawn and Lady Jasmine of the South East, Scarlett of the South West, and, shockingly, King Alejandro and Queen Heather of the East. Confused for a second, he glanced at Scarlett, "Where's your boy at?"

Scarlett eyed him inquisitively, "What do you mean? He's been here the whole . . ." the realization hit her hard and she coughed, "Excuse me." She sprinted out the conference room door and headed directly to the underground dungeon. Instead of the raging flurry of insults and threats she expected, once she reached the cell, she was met with silence. The prisoners were gone.

Trying to keep her composure, she searched the room for clues. No broken windows, the bars were intact, no debris or evidence of holes in the ground. Nothing. Her temper was boiling up to the surface faster and faster every second she was unsuccessful, her fist colliding with the wall in anger. The cracks slowly grew longer and more spread out, small amounts of pebbles and dust falling to the ground below it. 

Her breathing got much heavier, and her eyes narrowed to the point of closing, the neverending analysis growing more and more empty, that is, until her eyes met a suspicious stray hair on the ground. Practically pouncing on it, her knees scratched in the dirt, and her fingers grazed the hair as she twiddled it in her fingers. Yep, a stray purple hair.

When Scarlett returned to the meeting room, she was fuming. Her face was flushed red in utter fury, and she slammed the door behind her. "Look, this is going to end right here and now. We shall have a battalion ready for the new dawn tomorrow, rain, snow, shine, whatever. Those traitors to the Order are going DOWN!" Her fists banged on the table, splitting it in half straight down the middle.

Jasmine raised her hand nervously, and because she was being polite, Scarlett allowed her to speak, "What is it?" "Well, if Heather and Alejandro have that alliance with the enemy, wouldn't we have an inside edge?" The Southwestern Queen's eyes lit up, the wheels in her head acknowledging the information gratefully. "Yes, we would indeed . . . Here's the plan."

"Lord Brick, Lord Brick! I have bad news!" Max was slamming his hand against the birchwood door, knocking hard and repeatedly until one of the guards inside open the door for him. Brick is sat on the edge of a bed, holding Jo's hand as she slept restlessly, bracing herself for the hangover she'll have to deal with when she woke up. 

Brick looked up from his gaze at his wife, making eye contact with the lavender-haired Lord. "What is it, Lord Max?" he inquired of the other Lord, a worried expression rising to his face. "My fellow Lord, I managed to find some plans that my lady Scarlett and I were working on. I can only assume she will be acting on this sometime soon." "May I see?" Max handed the crumpled paper to the Western Lord, and he flattened it back out.