being antisocial

There's always that one person who, while everyone is engaged in conversation, is tapping away at their mobile screen

There's always that one person who, while everyone is engaged in conversation, is tapping away at their mobile screen. Maybe a person has already popped into your mind, or maybe you've been that person (I know I have, on multiple occasions). It isn't a sin, but I don't think that's the point.

There isn't anything wrong with checking your phone now and then, or pulling it out to reply to a text. But when you're busy on your phone when you could be socialising, you're basically saying to the people around you: you aren't worthy of my time and attention, or, you aren't as interesting as what's on my screen. This is a real problem, and it's also our next sub-topic. *Cue smooth transition*

   We seem to think that scrolling down our home feeds, looking at snippets of someone else's past holds more importance than the present moment we live in

We seem to think that scrolling down our home feeds, looking at snippets of someone else's past holds more importance than the present moment we live in. What happened to real life conversations? Eye-contact? The simple essence of just being present?

The mere art of socialising has seriously lost it's importance. On almost every form of public transport, the vast majority of those using it are looking down at a screen. Whether it's to avoid conversation and awkwardness, or to simply satisfy their boredom. We like to hide behind technology, and it's slowly being considered 'the norm'.

But what does the Bible say? In this chapter, we're going to focus on three things that God's Word tells us about avoiding being antisocial.

   1. Live Life One Day At a Time

Psalm 118:24 says, This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

In other words, God has made this very day and he wants us to enjoy it. Rejoice. Be glad. Make the best use of your time, and appreciate every opportunity you've been given.

   2. Live In the Present Moment

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"- yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. —James 4:13-14.