the importance of prayer

Prayer is just as important as it is powerful

   Prayer is just as important as it is powerful. It's a spiritual bridge between us and God; a connection between earth and heaven.

   But before we can know how to deal with prayer, we need to firstly understand its importance, and why it is so important.

Mentioned over 250 times in Scripture, prayer is undoubtedly significant. But why? Why does this gesture we so commonly practice hold such huge importance? Well, good question. Let's look at three reasons why prayer—talking to God—is so important in our lives as Christians.

1. Communication is Key

   No relationship, whether romantic or neutral, can function properly without the essence of communication. It's a vital part of maintaining a strong relationship.

   And prayer is exactly that. Communication. It is absolutely necessary in our relationship with God. It's impossible to get to know someone if you don't spend time with them. Lack of communication leads to problems and, eventually, distance.

   When we distance ourselves from God, we distance ourselves from His truth, His love, and His guidance. And that leaves us relying on nothing but ourselves. But God wants us to rely on Him.

   "Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His presence continually!" —1 Chronicles 16:11

"Cast your burden on the LORD, and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved."  —Psalm 55:22

   If you are in need of something, ask Him. If you aren't sure about something, tell Him. If you just feel down, talk to Him. Everything comes down to prayer. Communicate with Him. He wants to hear you.

2. The Enemy is Always at Work

It's no surprise that the devil is constantly on the move. he (I never capitalise his pronouns lol) is always looking for a way to slip into our lives and wreak havoc upon everything in it. From laziness to jealousy, he is continually working. So why aren't we?