You

A tear slips down my face.

One tear

Two tears

Falling down my cheeks.

He's crying

I'm crying

"A-Alex?" I ask, even though I know with 100% certainty that it is him standing in front of me.

He stands there, silent, crying, for what seems like forever. Then, at the same time, we both hurdle ourselves at each other. Everything fails to exist except for us. Our arms wrap around each other in a back-breaking hug.

My legs stop working, making me fall to the ground with him on top of me. I don't care that he's crushing me, I just care that he's here. Oh, I've missed him so much. So, so much.

"John, John, John, oh my god I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. I can't believe this happened and I'm so sorry. John please, please, please forgive me and I'm sorry and I don't know why I did this and I'm just so sorry John. John, oh, John, you're here and I'm here and, oh John, we're together again and I just-" he sobs.

"Oh, John, I'm so sorry I left and it didn't even work out but I was too afraid you'd hate me so I never moved back or tried to find you. I looked at old pictures of us literally everyday to keep me going and oh John I'm so sorry I lost my phone and hundreds of memories and your phone number and I can't believe I put us through all of this for nothing. I'm just so so so incredibly sorry and I can't say anything else but I'm sorry John and I don't know what to do and I'm so happy right now because you're here right now and I'm here right now and I'm just so happy but really really really guilty for what I did please forgive me please-"

I take his head in my hands and kiss him as if I were dying and he was the cure. The room is spinning and my head feels dizzy and my world is bursting with happiness but he is an anchor, connecting me to this world and the realization that I love him.

I love him, I love him, I love him.

We break away. I just stare at his eyes. They're so full of happiness that it looks like an ocean and I'm drowning in them and oh god, he's right here in front of me and I'm touching him and he's mine.

"I love you. So much." I say.

"I thought you would hate me." He whispered. He's still leaning over me, and a solitary tear falls of his face and onto mine.

"Sometimes I did, but most of the time I was too busy being depressed because my closest friend and person I've had a crush on since the moment I met him had left me."

"It destroyed me inside and out after I did that and I regretted it since the moment I said it." He confesses.

Silence fills the air as the words struggle to come out of my mouth.

"Then why didn't you come back?"

A.N. oooOoOoOoOhh (idk if this counts as a cliffhanger or not) people seemed really excited for me to update about this again, but I'm not really satisfied with the ending i have so i'm trying to rewrite it. If i can't seem to do it, i'll post that ending instead and maybe change it if i have an idea. But, yea!

See you later!