• 7 • JJ is Gone • 7 •

Later that night, Clarissa and Cheryl found the truth about Jason. He wasn't alive, no he was far from it. He was the opposite. He was gone. For good too. He was deader than dead. A bullet right through his forehead, he was still wearing the white clothing the day they left him at Sweet Water Rivers. Clarissa and Cheryl didn't sleep well that night. They cried holding each other for comfort, afraid of losing each other. Like they lose Jason...

The next day at school was more intense as Clarissa saw the shire people made for Jason at his locker. Clarissa stood there across the hall, teary eyed at the shire. Archie standing nearby. "Clary I'm sorry-"

"Not now Archie, please."

She knew it was rude of her to cut him off but the pain lingered too much on her shoulders. And she knew it did the same to Cheryl. She was so scared and hurt - Jason promised her, not only did he break it, hes gone. She walked away not hearing the conservation Jughead and Archie had of her.

"Just tell her you like her Jug."

"Archie, her brother is dead. Her overall emotions and mental state is all over the place. Look at Cheryl, she's a bitch as ever."

"But that's Cheryl."

• • • • •

When Clarissa closed her locker, she jumped surprised to see Victor Lodge standing there with chocolate, sweet tea, and a white rose. "Victor! You scared me, what's with all the gifts?" She asked looking at her new friend.

"These are for you, of course," he cracks his devilish grin. He hands them over. It was her favorite candy. Kit-Kats.

"Why a white rose?"

"Well that way it can be any color it wants to be, not just red."

And Clarissa knew excatly what he meant. Just like she can who ever she wants to be when she's older and grown, not just a Blossom. Not just a red rose. She smiled. "I love it, thank you." She packed her sweets and tea in her bag for later and carried her white rose as they began to walk down the hall.

"You know you're aren't like Cheryl, thats what makes you different - special, unique," Victor comments.

"I know, everyone tells me that."

"But you're also there for your sister no matter what she's done, but there for your friends like Betty," Victor says, then looks down almost ashame. "I wish I could be like that, I listened to my father, family above all - lost all my friends cause of it."

"You'll never lose me," Clarissa smiles. Victor smiled too. Of course she would say that, he thought with a chuckle.

"I know."

He walked to Art Class where Mrs Rose waited for Clarissa sadly. Clarissa's smiled faded as they walk to her. Her frown making Clarissa worried now. "I'm sorry Clary.. "

"Sorry for what?" Snapped Victor.

"Your parents removed form this class, I'm sorry you had so much potential," and with that Mrs Rose walked away from the best student she ever had. Clarissa's whole world broke down. She froze, she didn't move, didnt speak.

"Clarissa?"

She ran, she ran and ran and ran. And lucky for her, a certain raven haired boy with a beanie crown followed to under the bleachers where she sat crying her eyes. She sat there crying remembering when Jason found her here crying Freshmen year.