Chapter 1: Let Down to Society

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of anorexia, bulimia, depression, and suicidal thoughts. If these make you uncomfortable, please skip ahead!

(This is when Jaiden was going through her troubles before, during, and after VidCon. I know she said no one had helped her, but in this chapter and possibly a few more, you help her out.)

Jaiden lies down in her bed, trying to ignore the pain through her chest and stomach

Jaiden lies down in her bed, trying to ignore the pain through her chest and stomach. She had been going through pain for nearly three weeks now, starving herself. She didn't tell anyone, and she definitely didn't tell you. See, you had been friends with her since you two were little kids, so you were both very close. She figured you'd be hurt if you found out what she had been doing to herself.

She heard her phone vibrate behind her. Turning over to her other side, she picks it up and reads the message she received.

(One new text from: Y/N L/N)

She sighed, reading your text.

Y/N L/N: Hey Jaiden! Um.....I was wondering if I could stay at your house for the night? My car kinda broke down and, I called someone to tow it over to a place to get it fixed, but they said they'd take a day or two to fix it.

Jaiden panicked. She couldn't let you see her in the state she was in! But.......she didn't know how long she could keep it from you either, so.......she agreed to let you stay.

You thanked her and switched to a slow sprint to her house, which was about a mile away. It also didn't help that you lived in Arizona, the oven itself.

When you arrived at her house nearly 30 minutes afterwards, you were pouring with sweat. You walked up to the front door and knocked loudly. You heard shuffling on the other side of the door, along with a blunt,"Hold on."

You smiled and put your hands in your pockets, then waiting patiently for Jaiden to open the door.

Jaiden heard a loud knock at her door. Knowing it was Y/N, she quickly said "hold on" and ran to her room to grab a thick shirt to cover her self claimed "horrible" body. She sighed before walking to the door and opening it. There she saw you, standing there patiently like a soldier. She stepped to the side and let you in.

As soon as you stepped in, the air conditioning was a huge relief. You sigh and take your beanie off, clutching it tightly in your left hand. Jaiden walks and stands beside you.

"You okay?"

You look at her and nod.

"Yep. Just much better in here than it is out there."

Jaiden forces a smile and a slight chuckle. You notice she forced herself to do this, and your expression quickly changes from happy and relief, to concern.

"Uh, Jaiden?"

"Yeah?"

You stay silent for a moment, but then shake it off.