Part 3

"Okay." I leave mcdonalds and head back to the club and the bouncer lets me in immediately. Spotting Lacey at the bar flirting with the bartender I walk up to her. "Hey Lacey."

"Hey Amber! How'd it go?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Okay I guess, turns out he's married."

"That sucks."

"Sounds like he's not that into their marriage though. I feel bad for him."

"Sorry for intruding but Lace told me you were going to talk to Lucio." The bartender speaks up.

"Yeah." I look down.

"Yeah, his wife has been cheating on him with the DJ. He's known about it for months now but won't get a divorce. He thinks that he can't get anyone better."

"His wife is cheating on him and he thinks that? The hell?"

"Yeah, he just needs to find someone that'll cheer him up."

"I hope he'll find someone like that."

"Hey! What if that someone is you?" Lacey says.

"Haha very funny, this isn't some romance story."

"I'm not kidding, when you two broke up he couldn't stop talking about how much he missed you."

"Lacey that was years ago, there is no way he feels the same now." I sigh and lean on the bar.

"He does." The bartender says calmly cleaning a glass.

"What?" I almost yell.

"He talks about a girl that he dated long distance that he should have never let leave."

"That doesn't mean it's me, he probably dated a few girls that ended with long distance."

"Yeah but there is no harm in trying. He needs someone like you."

"Either way I'm leaving in a few days."

"Why? Why not live here? It's cheaper to live here then in Oregon." Lacey takes a sip of her drink.

"I can't just live here for a guy."

"What if it is you though. He's your first love."

"Lacey I appreciate the thought of you wanting us to be happy but I can't."

"How about this, stay for a few more days and if he doesn't show any interest in you then you can leave."

"Okay but I don't have a place to stay."

"You can stay at mine." The bartender says. "Lucio is my best friend and he deserves to be happy."

"Sorry but I hardly know you."

"Ryan is cool, we've known each other for a while and he won't do anything."

"Oh okay."

"The club closes in a few minutes so just wait a bit and we'll all head to mine." I grab Lacey's hand and we dance for a while till Ryan tells us that we can leave. We all get in his car and head to his house. "Sorry that the place is a mess but I have been working double shifts lately."

"Perfectly understandable."