Chapter 8 New Friends

It is said there is a new beginning whenever there is an ending. When in one hand Rita started losing her best friend on the other hand she started making new friends. "Friends For Life" their pictures had such captions, but that was not friendship, that was just "photoship" or friendship for clicking photos!!!!

Rita was not the girl whom anyone would fall in love easily, but she wanted that. She always wanted to be an attention seeker, but one could not always get what she wants and when its attention its ought to change.....
It was winter in Koliyana. Winter fashion had already started in the college. By that time Smita had a great fan following in the college and she had already dated some of the guys of the college. She had changed herself a lot...
Rita craved for such attention but could never get it. "I know I am the best," she smiled looking at the mirror. After an hour or more of doing stupid stuffs she came back to the mirror and said to herself, "I look more gorgeous than Smita, still she gets all the attention. Hope someday someone would come with a rose for me and praise me," but she had to put a halt to her imagination and leave for her college.

She tried copying Smita but failed miserably and her hatred towards her best friend grew further. She couldn't tolerate her even for a moment and Smita continued her snobbishness happily...
The rift was now clear in the entire college and Rita thought her new friends would support her but they didn't even care for her....
She was at fault but she wasn't in a mood to acknowledge it. Afterall her ego was much important than her friendship.
Everyone was annoyed with her behaviour but she didn't change and it continued for months till their final exams.......