Southpaw premiere (pt.2)

I sat completely frozen and shocked on my chair and stared at Kim while she cried silently.

Am I dreaming??????? What the heck??????

"Are you serious?!" I asked her when I'd finally mustered to speak and she brushed the tears off her face with her free hand and nodded.
"Tina, I'm miserable, I ain't gonna lie and maybe it's selfish once again from me to come here and ask for your forgiveness, but I really need a friend and I never had a better one than you."
"Kim, you can't expect me to forgive and forget what you've done. How should I even trust you that you're honest with me now and that you're not only doing this to get Marshall back?!" I honestly didn't know what to think. For sure Kim and I'd had a great friendship and we'd been very close, but she'd tried; and accomplished, to take Marshall away from me.

How can I get over all that?????

"I know that there's no other insurance than my word, but that's all I have. Tina, I'll jump through every burning loop to show you that I'm serious about this. I want my best friend back, I want my family back.... it's terrible that we can't celebrate the girls birthday's together because of what I've done. I want to go back to the start, where we all could spend a day together without being scared that someone was just playing games...." she said desperate and I pursed my lips and thought about her words.

With the family part she got me......

I took another deep breath pulled my hand out of hers and stood up.
"I'll be back in a minute. Please wait here." I stated and turned around to walk back inside and make a few phone calls.

20 minutes later I walked back out and Kim turned her head back from looking out in the backyard to look at me.
"You really want us to rekindle our friendship?" I asked and she nodded repeatedly. "Alright, then here's the first burning loop, get up we have to find something to wear for you and then we have an appointment." She was completely irritated, but much to my surprise stood up without a word. I walked upstairs with her into my bedroom, opened the door to my closet and started to search through my cocktail dresses to find one that could fit her.

Thankfully we've almost the same size....

"This one!" I stated after I'd held a green bodycoon dress to her body and now she couldn't keep quiet anymore.
"You gonna tell me what you're up to?" Kim asked carefully while I turned around again and searched for a dress for myself.
"We'll have an appointment to get our hair and make-up done and then we'll fly out to New York to the Southpaw premiere!" I stated and I heard her soaking in air sharply behind me.
"Tina..." she started, but I cutted her off instantly by turning around.
"If you want us to rekindle, I want you to do the same with Marshall and since he'll be happy to see me there, he won't ripp your head off when you're with me. So I suggest, you look for some shoes and stop overthinking it. I know my husband, he'll give you another chance. Come on..." Kim nodded slowly while I pulled a short, dark red, laced dress from its hanger and started to search for shoes.

5 1/2 hours later we'd landed in New York completely dressed and finished. Kim didn't look no longer like a scarecrow; thanks to the magical hands of the hair stylist and make-up artist, and I also was pretty satisfied with the way I looked. Also I'd used the time in the private jet to talk to her a little more, in the hope to find out if her intentions were good.

So far I think she's telling the truth....

She'd assured me countless times that she would never lay a hand on Marshall again or try in any way to get him back. She said she'd understood that Marshall had moved on from her and that he only loved me and wanted to be with me. Surely it had been painful for her, but with the help of a therapist; who I could also talk to about her if I wanted to, she got over it and now all she wanted was us to be friends and a family again. I'd decided to have a little faith in her but still be cautious and see where it would lead us. For sure my husbands opinion was also a big part in all of this and so I had to wait with telling her my decision to give her one last chance.