Chapter 15.

Chapter 15.

"So when do you think we should leave?" Luke asks me and shoves his hands into his pockets.

I shrug. It doesn't really matter to me.

"I was thinking about three-ish," he suggests.

I nod and smile. That sounds good.

"Cool," he beams and leans down to peck me on the cheek.

I don't really know where we are in our relationship. We haven't really been on a date so I doubt we're boyfriend and girlfriend yet, but we are definitely not just friends.

Luke leaves the room as do I. I go to my room and start to raid the closet.

Julia, Payton, Diamond, and I have just kind of combined our clothes into one big stash.

I look though the closet and find a pretty dress. It's not too fancy, so it'll fit in good wherever we end up going. It has a floral pattern on it so it looks summery. I look for a brown belt to go with it and I soon find one. I strap it on and begin to look for some brown sandals.

"Hey Belle-" Liam peeks his head through the door. "Oh sorry," he flushes. "I didn't realize you were," he gestures to the piles of clothes everywhere, "changing."

I smile. I wasn't really changing. I was just picking out my clothes.

"So can I talk to you?" he asks.

I nod and he walks into the bedroom.

"Belle, I-I feel something," I give him a confused look and he continues. "I feel something when I'm with you. I can't tell if it's good or bad but whatever it is, it makes my stomach get butterflies."

What is he saying?

"I really like-" he lowers his voice and gets closer to me. I find my eyes trailing down to his perfect lips.

"God, you're," he breathes in, his eyes fluttering closed. My eyes flutter closed too and I find myself drifting towards him, as if some invisible force were pulling us together.

"Maybel? Maybel are you in here?" Luke breaks us out of our trance as he knocks on the door.

I spring away from Liam. Liam must see the fear in my eyes because his eyes go wide with terror. He quickly takes hold of the situation and strikes up a conversation.

"So uh yeah. And that's how I, uh. That's how I make chocolate milk?" he ends right as Luke barges in.

"Maybel what-" he notices Liam and his eyes narrow. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I was telling Belle here, how I make chocolate milk," Liam answers calmly.

"That doesn't even- wait, Belle? That's your nickname for her? No. The options were May, Maybelline, or Maybel. Not Belle. You can't just barge in here and call her Belle," Luke glares at Liam and walks over to me.

"Why can't I?" Liam challenges. "She's my friend. I can call her whatever I like."

I nervously glance from Luke to Liam and then back again. I don't want them to fight.

"Well, you just can't," Luke crosses his arms.

"You're acting like a baby, Lucas," Liam taunts.

I can see Luke snap.

"Don't you fucking dare call me that again you prick!" he growls and lunges towards Liam. I do my best to hold him back but it's like trying to push back a charging elephant.

"Luke," Liam says calmly. "You're upsetting Belle."

Luke notices me shivering and quickly glares one last time at Liam before he allows him to walk out of the room.

As soon as we're alone, he hugs me to his chest and rocks back and forth.

"Maybel, Maybel, Maybel," he whispers against my hair. Luke looks me in the eyes. "Tell me the truth, did he do anything?" he asks.

I shake my head.

"Good. If he would have even-," Luke starts to get angry so I place a hand on his fast beating heart. He takes in a deep breath and looks back into my eyes. "I'm sorry I got so worked up, it's just- I don't know I can't stand him anymore. We used to be fine but now," he trails off.

I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a comforting hug.

"Thanks Maybel. I don't know what I would do without you," he mumbles and I smile into his shoulder.

------------

A/N

HEEEYYY GUYS.

Kind of short chapter :/

SO IM AT A COFFEE HOUSE THING, AND THERES A HOT GUY OMG.

IM TRYING TO BE DISCREET IN THE CORNER.

thanks for over 300 reads! Let's get to 500!

I love you all!

-Jules