Chapter 34.

Chapter 34.

It's five o'clock in the morning and I'm sitting on my perfectly made bed all packed up and ready to go.

I grab a piece of paper and a pen and scribble a quick note.

'I really enjoyed staying with you guys. I hope your careers work out well in the end and that you'll always be happy because I doubt I'll see any of you again, except for maybe Diamond, Payton, and Jules. Thanks for all you've done, minus a couple of things.

-Maybelline'

I blink away the rapidly approaching tears and leave the note on the table. I grab my suitcase and head out the door.

"Going somewhere?" A familiar voice calls from the shadows.

I turn to find Zayn holding a smoking cigarette. I look at him weirdly. I thought he didn't smoke.

He reads my mind. "I do smoke. Julia will kill me if she smells it inside so I have to sneak outside early in the morning. I couldn't sleep anyway," he inhales and blows the smoke out.

I give him a sad smile. I truly am sad for him for the loss of his sister.

"Hey come here," he stomps out his cigarette even though it wasn't close to being finished, and walks over to me, holding his arms out.

I walk into them and he pulls me close. I can smell the tobacco smoke but I don't care. Zayn is a person who will always be close to my heart.

"Bye May," he says softly and hands me two black notebooks.

I open the first and find that it's empty. "It's for you to vent in," Zayn explains. I thank him silently with a smile and open the second one. I recognize it immediately.

"It's for you to keep. To remember me," he smiles at me sadly. I sniffle and tuck his journal and my journal into my backpack. I wish I could thank him properly but it just can't be done.

With one final wave, I leave him standing alone in the dark.

-

"Flight 204 to New York City is leaving in five minutes," a voice booms out over the speakers as I make my way onto the crowded plane.

I find a window seat and settle in. Soon a blonde girl with braces and bright blue eyes sits next to me.

"Hey," she says. "I'm Amanda."

I just stare at her and she leans back, obviously not fazed by this awkward encounter.

The flight attendants go through the safety features and then we're taking off. Once we've reached a safe altitude and the pilot has announced that it's ok, I pull out my iPhone. There's no free wifi so I settle on playing Temple Run.

I can feel the weird Amanda girl looking over my shoulder. I try to shy away but she just keeps looking.

"So," she starts. "Temple Run?"

I look at her with wide eyes and slowly lock my phone and put it away. I can't play with her watching over my shoulder. She scares me more than a little.

I swallow and try to get comfortable. It's gonna be a considerable time before we get to New York so I might as well sleep.

-

A/N

Poor May :(

Flashback Friday to when my friend Amanda did that to me on a bus trip. I didn't know her and she just leaned over and made things awkward by watching me play Temple Run. Now that I look back it was hilarious.

Thanks for 1.7k!

Please vote + comment + maybe check out my other books.

ily ❤

-Julia