Chapter 29.

Chapter 29.

"Hey Belle, can I ask you something?" Liam's gentle voice asks from the doorway.

I pause from hanging up my new clothes and look at him expectantly.

"W-well you already know I l-like you so I w-was wondering if maybe you w-wanted to go on a d-d-date?" His cheeks flush pink and it's the cutest thing ever.

I try not to seem too eager as I nod and agree to his plans.

"C-cool," he says and comes over to stand next to me.

He awkwardly puts his arms around my shoulders in a hug.

"See you later Belle," he whispers and walks out the door.

I mentally squeal and do a happy dance in my head. Liam asked me on a date!

I happily put away the rest of my clothes before putting on my new dress.

"Woah woah woah. Do you have something in your nose, babe?" I hear Niall exclaim loudly from the hallway.

"It's a piercing, idiot," Julia replies.

"Makes you look hot," he blurts.

"Was I not hot before?" She asks.

"You were, but this makes you seem dangerous. I like it," I peek through the door and see him grin before he pecks a kiss on her lips.

I smirk to myself and continue to get ready for my date with Liam.

---

It's 6:00 and I'm ready to go.

"Hey Belle," he says and takes my hand, leading me out the front door.

I smile and we walk to a small café.

"What do you want?" Liam asks and I point to a raspberry scone.

"Okie dokie," he says and steps up to order.

I go and find a table by a window. There are some dark clouds in the sky that worry me a bit but otherwise the sky is clear.

"Looks like rain," Liam says as he sets my scone in front of me and sits down with a cup of coffee.

I shrug and look out the window again.

We eat and drink in silence. Soon the slight pitter patter of rain tells us it's time to go.

We head outside and the raindrops hit me like cold slaps to the face, but they're not bad.

"Wait Belle. Stop here for a sec," Liam says as he ducks into a park.

I'm confused but I follow him anyway.

Suddenly his face is very close to mine and he's whispering something and then he's holding my face and kissing me in the rain.

I eagerly kiss him back and I can feel him smile.

"I love you Maybelline," he says when we pull away. His warm brown eyes look so inviting.

"I don't usually kiss on the first date but for you I had to make an exception," he blushes and takes my hand before walking us home.

---

"Wow. Now you're going out with him," Luke's voice is the first thing I hear as I step in the door.

"Leave her alone Luke. We all know what you did," Liam retorts.

"Oh that I made her the little slut she is? Yeah no. Check your sources Lover Boy," Luke sneers and I feel the prickle of tears in my eyes.

Luke is a horrible person. How did I ever love him?

"She's not a slut and you know it," Liam says through clenched teeth.

I don't wait for the next argument because I'm already running to my room and slamming the door in the world's face.

---

A/N

Do me a favor and go read my brand new book Forever Young?

I don't think of Luke Hemmings like this in real life. I'm pretty sure he's not a jerk in real life so yeah

(Songs for this chapter:

Disconnected - 5 Seconds of Summer

Sofa - Ed Sheeran

Superhero - Cher Lloyd)

I love you all!

-Jules xx