Friends VS Derek

Finally morning arrived. I couldn't sleep lastnight. All I could think about was Derek, which is wierd. I have to get him out of my mind, so I can get ready for school. I looked at my ankle, and justas I guessed it is good as new. 

When I was done, I went downstairs  to grab a gronola bar for me and one for Derek. Mom came over to me to give me a hug. 

"How are you feeling?" she asked

"Good. My ankle is all healed up." I replied.

"That's good." she said next

"Yep. I'm going to the mall with Mandy and Trish today after school." 

" Okay have fun." mom said waving good-bye to me

"Bye." I said as I left the kitchen and out to the front porch.

I left the house and was welcomed by Derek.

"Goodmorning Zeb." Derek said

"Morning." I said giving him a gronola bar

He thanked me and the we headed off to school. We talked a little bit on our way to school.

"I see your ankles better." Derek said finishing up eating his gronola bar

"Ya. Now you don't have to carry me to school." 

Derek looked a little sad after my last comment. I evn felt a little longing of him to hold me.

"You know I can still carry you, even without your ankle injured." 

"Ya, but you don't need to." I said hoping I wasn't blushing

Latley Derek and I have gotten closer. We don't seem as much of strangers as we were a month ago. I feel closer to him than anyother guy I know. I know I sound ver girly. But trust me I'm not. 

"Hey. You okay?" Derek asked snapping me out of my thoughts

"Ya. I'm fine. Just tired." 

"You want to stop and get a coffee?" 

"Sure. Quickly though"

"Okay"

We wlaked to a convienuence store and I bought my self a coffee and 2 flavored waters. Derek bought some waters and a chocolate bar.

"You like chocolate?" I asked 

"Ya why?" 

"aren't vamps only suppoesed to have a taste for blood not human food."

"Well as I told you before, I am part human. So, I like to eat food."

"Oh ok."

We continued to walk to school and finally arrived. Mandy and Trish came over to greet me conpletely ignoring Derek. 

"Hey Zebby. How was your break?" Mandy asked

"First don't call me 'Zebby'. Secondly, my break was good. Derek and I had so much fun together at the waterpark our families went to ." 

Derek similed and it made me smile.

"Zeb I have to get to class." Derek said heading off toward his class.

" Bye Derek!" I yelled as he walked away. 

Derek went to class. Mandy, Trish, and I walked down the halls.

"It seems that you and Derek have become more friendly." Mandy said 

"How so?" I asked

"When you were with him just now you seemed more alive." Mandy replied