Mr Delinquent wasn't supposed to know how I felt 7 - Memories

Chapter 7 - Memories

Alexis POV

I inhaled the cool clean air. I didn't fully cry out like last time-but I wanted to. Kenneth moved a bit away from me to give me the space that I needed.

He understood me more than I thought. It made me smile.

"Thanks, Kenneth." I told him, my face still turned away from him.

It took a while for him to respond. And when he did, his voice was so soft I barely heard it.

"Anything for you," was what he said in a sad voice.

"Kenneth, are you okay?" I turn around to see him sitting on one of the benches, his head in his hands. "What's wrong?"

He lifted his head.

"Nothing's wrong ..." He said, a smile on his face.

"It's just ..." I tilted my head looking at him carefully. "You're lying~!" I pouted at him.

"Who said I was?" He said, releasing a somewhat strained kind of laughter. I raised an eyebrow.

"Uhuh ... You are SO NOT okay ..." I stepped towards him.

"You don't have to worry about me." He muttered. "You have enough problems to deal with."

"Yeah, I know." I reply, sitting beside him. "But, do you really think I can just turn away from you while you're like this? That would make me an incredibly bad person."

"No, it won't." He said, finally smiling. "I know what you're going through."

"You know what I'm going through but I don't have a clue what's happening with you and Kiel." I told him. "It's the main thing that's been occupying my head. Why can't you two tell me what's going on?"

"You don't need to know. You don't need to worry about it." He smiled at me genuinely. It reassured me a bit but only a bit.

"Are you sure? I can help, you know." I told him.

"You don't need to worry about it. And I have Kiel in on it. We'll be able to find a solution to it."

"Is it really bad for me to know about it?"

"It is," I sighed and pouted.

"Fine, I won't persuade you two to tell me anymore." I huffed. "But if it ever gets out off hand, I'm always here ready to help."

"Thanks for understanding, Alexis." He smiled. "You're a really good ... friend."

I raised an eyebrow when he lingered on the word good before saying friend, but didn't give it much attention.

"I know right?" I laughed but I turned serious again. "I don't think that's the only thing that's bothering you."

"I'd rather not talk about those other things." He averted his face from me.

"What is it with you and not talking about these things?" I frowned.

"There are just some things that you aren't supposed to know, Alexis" He said sternly.

"Fine!" I crossed my arms then I sadly looked at him. "It's just ..."

I gave him a hug and kissed him on the cheek just like what I frequently did when we were young.

"When you want someone to talk to, don't hesitate to call me, okay?" I told him, genuinely concerned about him.

"I know," He smiled at me.