December 27th

Rick ran to James's door, knocking frantically. James answered, his eyes still half-closed, and he yawned. His breath smelled like pickles. "What?" he grumbled.

"Something's wrong." Rick said, panic running through his voice. "Anna and her dad aren't home. They said they'd be there all night and all throughout today."

"Maybe they went for a walk?" James suggested.

"No. They didn't. I found blood on their living room carpet."

James seemed to jolt awake. "That's... worrying." He raised his eyebrow. "How did you get into her house?"

"I have a key, genius."

"You two are pretty close now, huh?"

"Well, yes, but that doesn't matter right now."

"Right." James turned around. "Let me get dressed and we'll go find Anna and her dad. Maybe they're okay and it was ketchup or something."

"Maybe." Rick mumbled. The cold was chilling him to the bone, even in his big scarf, hat and parka coat. He rubbed his gloved hands together for warmth, waiting until James came out. He was dressed in a jacket and his jeans, and a pair of bright green crocs. He wore no socks. 

"How are you not fucking freezing?" Rick asked.

"It's warm." James breathed in the air. Rick rolled his eyes, and the two went off to check the Biker clubhouse.

When they entered, the room fell silent, and every gaze was cast upon them. James looked around cautiously. Rick had been here many times before, but the look they were given was unnerving. Something's wrong, every part of his brain told him. Get out. He ignored it.

Ravi was sat at a bar stool. He greeted them both with a smile. How fucking weird, Rick thought to himself.

"What brings you two here?" he asked.

"Ravi, something's wrong with Anna and her dad." Rick explained. "They were supposed to be at their house until tomorrow, but they're gone. There was blood on their carpet. I think something happened."

"Oh, no" Ravi began. He reached out and patted Rick on the shoulder. "They're right here, in Anna's room. They're putting our Christmas decorations away in the loft. You know, the one in her room? Come with me, I'll take you to them."

He lead them up the creaky wooden steps out of the bar, and into the corridor. James followed Rick, and Rick followed Ravi.

They finally reached the door to her room, and Ravi swung it open. The stench of tobacco and cigarettes and something else unleashed itself as the door opened. It was repulsive. Ravi walked through, unphased by the disgusting scent.

"See, right here." Ravi gestured toward the radiator at the left corner of the room, behind the door. Anna was there, indeed - but handcuffed to the radiator.

"What the fu-?" Ravi punched Rick in the face, sending him falling to the ground. He tried to stand back up, but the world moved and swirled, and he gave up. He saw James fall beside him, before his eyes closed.

When they awoke, he was chained to the same radiator as Anna by a single hand. Her head rested against his shoulder, and she was crying. Her father's stabbed body lay in the centre of the room, sat upon the carpet that was at the end of Anna's bed. James was on the bed, handcuffed to its four posts by his arms and legs. He was awake, and was staring at Rick.

"Rick," he said. "I think Ravi wants to do something kinky with me."

Anna looked up at him. "Ravi killed my dad." Rick wiped tears off her cheeks, but they just came back. He brushed his hand through her hair. "And he's going to kill us all too."

"I won't let him." Rick croaked. Anna shook her head.

"You can't stop him. You're handcuffed to a radiator. You can't move. James can't even begin to defend himself. He's going to kill us, and you can't do anything about it."