December 23rd

Rick Pryce's eyes were slow to peel open, like the ice was still somehow stuck beneath his eyelids. He could feel the soft warmth of Anna sat beside him. She's still getting dressed, he knew. I'll teach her not to leave without my permission. The room was still dark, the curtains still drawn - how romantic. He lifted himself up and wrapped his arms around her neck. "Hey baby," he said into her ear, and pulled her back down onto the bed.

"WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE?" was the response. It was a deep voice. Rick was surprised. It was Ravi. He threw himself backwards, sending himself crashing down onto the rug that sat at the bottom of Anna's double bed. He screamed like a little girl. He realised he was still naked. He screamed even more, and pulled the blanket off the bed and onto him, slipping it out from beneath Ravi.

She went for her morning walk. Rick realised.

"I'm... sorry." Rick stumbled over his words.

"You fucking better be," Ravi said. "Nobody wants to see that shit. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good." Rick said.

"Good." Ravi stood to leave, and began to walk toward the door.

"That's it?" Rick said, angrily. He grabbed his clothes off the floor, and began to dress himself, still shielded by the blanket. "'Good'? You're the piece of shit who put me into that pond. I could have died, and all you have to say is 'good'? Fuck you."

"Fuck me?" Ravi laughed. "It was your friend who pushed you in."

"If you'd have given up your seat, or treated him nicer over the past few months, this wouldn't have happened." Rick was dressed, and dropped the blanket. "It's your fault I ended up in that pond, and you know it. You know what he gets like when he's mad. It's not his fault. It's all yours."

Ravi chuckled. "If it's that bad for him, maybe he should kill himself."

Rick grabbed a vase of flowers that sat upon a desk to his left, and smashed it over the side of Ravi's face. Ravi fell to the floor, his face slick with blood. He began to groan, and tried to stand back up. Rick kicked him in the chest, winding him. He stopped trying to stand.

"We're not friends anymore."

"I can see that." Ravi wheezed.

And with that, Rick walked out of Anna's room. He looked down at his hands, and noticed the hand he'd used for the vase was cut. He didn't care.

He walked out of biker clubhouse, grabbed his coat, and found himself walking to James's house. He knocked on his door, and several moments later, James answered.

"Thank God you're okay," James said, and hugged him. "I tried to see you, but that piece of shit stopped me from being able to go in. I'm so sorry I did that to you."

"It's okay." Rick said, struggling to breathe from how tight James was hugging him. "Really. I'm fine. Ravi won't be bothering us anymore." 

"Really?" James stopped hugging him, and looked him in the eyes. "What did you do?"

"I smashed a vase over his little prick face." 

James smiled at him. "Nice."

"Plus, I have to thank you, honestly." Rick smiled back. 

"Wait, what, why?" 

Rick didn't answer.