Working from the Inside

"No," Canada said.

"Mattie come on," Maria said.

"No," Diego said.

"D-"

"Your not doing it," Brazil said firmly.

Before Maria could even respond Argentina cut her off, "Your not."

Maria turned to her other cousins.

"No," Venezuela said.

Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, and Guyana shook their heads.

She looked at Suriname, "No," he simply said.

So, by working on the inside. Maria meant to go to up to John's house and lie to him saying that she accepted him as her brother now. From there she would live with him to be able to get closer which would make him not suspect anything with them.

During that, she would gain his trust and be able to go around America. With would give her the chance to meet with goveners and be close with the states.

"Guys, think about it."

"Mar," Diego started, "This guy is a psycho!!! Your not going anywhere near him."

"But-"

"Your not going Mexica," Canada and Brazil said at the same time.

"Okay look, I know that John's a psycho, but we have family younger than us being forced to stay with him!! You heard what John said a week ago, he's beating them!! We can't just let that slide!!" She looked at South, "You guys can't get involved," She looked at her brothers, "And you guys shot him!! So he'll still be suspicious of you," She looked at the states, provinces, etc, "There's no way we're sending you guys!!" She looked back at her brothers and cousins, "This is the only way."

They were quiet, she was right, this was the only way. 

"And maybe while I'm with him, you guys can help free some slaves. You know, since his suspicion of us will go down while I'm with him and he'll probably want to spend time with me, he wouldn't think about you two. So you can free slaves from the North and South."

They thought about it before nodding.They could sneak onto plantations and help lead slaves to their countries.

"We could build homes for former slaves and help them get jobs and start a new life," Canada said, "I'm sure my boss won't mind."

Diego nodded.

"But John will start getting suspicious when you start to live with him and he starts to get reports of slaves starting to disappear," Colombia pointed out.

"Yeah," Canada nodded, "Which means we'll have to wait for awhile and he won't trust you the first few weeks too."

Maria nodded, "Yeah, but the next world meeting is in 2 weeks, we could make a scene there which would convince other countries that I accept him and let's say, you guys disown me. And since we did it in front of the world, John may start to be convicted too."

"I guess this could actually work," Argentina said.

Maria looked at all of them, "Please, guys. We need to do this."

Canada sighed, "Fine," He nodded, Diego started to nod too.

She looked at South.

"Fine," Argentina and Brazil said.

The others muttered their agreements.

"But be careful," Venezuela said, "You know what this guy is capable of."

She nodded, "I'll be back once we get the Union to form and get Alfie back," She took the piece of paper John wrote his address from and went to pack her things.

They watched her leave.

Canada sighed again, he was the oldest, he was suppose to protect his younger siblings. He had lost on already, he didn't want to lose another one.

"I swear," He said, getting the others' attention, "If she gets hurt, I'll never forgive myself."           

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sorry this is so short, but I have school now.