Chapter 7

Chris, Pj and Dan all ran to the car. Pj drove while Chris sat in the back seat with Dan, his arms wrapped around him while Dan cried into his chest. The car was silent apart from Dan's sobbing. Each light they got held at seemed like it would take forever.

"We are here" said Pj as he turned into a park.

They all hoped out of the car. Chris looked at Pj concerned. By this stage Dan was so hysterical he couldn't even walk properly by himself. Pj moved closer to Dan. Grabbing Dan's arm and wrapping it over his shoulders. He held his arm around Dan's waist, Chris did the same on the other side.

"Quickly, I think it's this way" Chris said, directing Pj.

They walk into the hospital. It is very crowded and busy. It was quite strange for this hour of the night.

"Chris please take Dan and help him sit down. I'll try find out about Phil"

Chris just nodded.

Pj walked up to the counter.

"Excuse me, but I am looking for a friend who was rushed here in an ambulance"

"What is the name?" The nurse asked whilst shuffling around paperwork.

"Aaahh, Lester, Philip Lester"

"Lester, Lester" the nurse kept repeating the name as she read through the files on the computer.

Pj turned to look at Chris and Dan. Dan was gripping tightly to Chris and crying on his shoulder.

"He was rushed into emergency surgery about 25 minutes ago"

"Surgery?" Pj was gobsmacked "what for? is he ok? When will he be out?"

"I haven't heard any information. I am sorry you will have to wait"

Pj slammed his hand down on the counter making the nurse jump.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to do that and scare you".

The nurse smiled.

"It's ok, I can understand, I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything "

Pj thanked the nurse and walked over to Dan and Chris.

"He is in surgery"

"Whaa??" The word slowly slipped out of Dans mouth. He glared at Pj before he grabbed him and started to cry again.

Chris reached his hand out to Pj. Pj held Chris' hand and squeezed it.

"Something tells me this is going to be a long night" said Chris and he gazed across the cramped waiting room.