chapter 4.2

This chapter has been edited.
............

After I got the message from Charlie I debated for about one hour on whether I should go to dinner with him or not, but eventually my stomach made the choice for me and growled like a hungry lion. I guess dinner with Charlie is better than burned toast.

I took a nice long  thirty minute shower and when I got out I stood in front of my closet for about an hour deciding what to wear when I realised it's not such a difficult choice to make, it's just dinner. So I decided on my white knee length dress and black pumps, I curled my hair and applied minimal makeup.

I was busy with final touches when the doorbell rang, I glanced at the clock and saw that it was only
5 : 20 pm. Who could it be? Rachel is working late and she has a key and I doubt charlie would be so early. I went to the door and peeped through the keyhole where I saw Mrs Smith on the outside looking strangely pale. She rang the bell again just as I opened the door and when I did she looked as if she was about to faint or throw up, I also noticed she's been crying and I immediately started to grow concerned.

"Mrs Smith are you alright ?" She sniffed and looked at the ground before she looked at me with her bloodshot eyes.

"M-my husband.." she didn't get to finish as she started sobbing.

I embraced her in a hug and tried to comfort her as much as I could. "Let's get inside so I can get you a glass of sugar water."

She sniffed once again and took a step back."Sorry dear, thank you but I can't. You see my husband.." she stared at me as if she is debating on something .. struggling to accept something.

"I-Is he alright ?" My voice suddenly became shaky as I started feeling a bit light headed.

"No. I don't know." She sniffed again. "Dear, I'm sorry to bother you with this. I can see you're on your way out and .."

"Oh no Mrs smith! You are not a bother at all. What do you mean you don't know if Mr Smith is alright?"

She looked at their door and sighed. "He's on his way to the hospital, the ambulance just left. I think  he had a heart attack"

"Oh no! Mrs Smith I'm so sorry." I hugged her again. "But why aren't you with him?"

"I had to make sure Rusty had a place to stay, he can't go to the hospital with us so I'm sorry Anabelle, but would you look after him until I'm back? I don't know how long that will take. I can see you have plans and I'm really sorry for this dear."

"Of course  Mrs Smith and You have nothing to be sorry for, of course I will look after Rusty. You're actually saving me from a very long night." I gave her a smile .

"Thank you dear. I really appreciate it, he's in our appartment I'll go and get him." She went and opened the door and out came Rusty, he looked a bit terrified himself.

Rusty whimpered when she patted him on the head. "He will be alright Rusty, don't you worry."

She looked at me again and gave me a weak smile. "Thank you dear, I will be back as soon as I can."

"You take all the time you need Mrs Smith, I'll take care of Rusty. I hope Mr Smith will be alright."

"Thank you Anabelle." she hugged me and turned on her heel.

"No problem."

I looked at Rusty and my heart broke into pieces when I saw his scared face. I sighed. "Come on Rusty, I know just what you need."

He followed me into the appartment and I closed the door behind me. I went to the kitchen while Rusty went to the living room and I took two bowls from the cabinet, I opened the fridge and took out my favourite vanilla ice cream. I scooped some of the ice cream into one bowl and then the other.

When I entered the the living room Rusty watched  me with curious eyes. "Rusty, there is nothing ice cream can't fix." I sat one bowl infront of him. "well most of the time."

He immediately started licking the ice cream and I realised I forgot my spoon when I took a seat on the couch. Well I guess there's always the choice of licking the ice cream like Rusty is doing right now, but I don't want to risk ruining my dress so I took off my shoes and went back to the kitchen to get a spoon. Just as I entered the kitchen the doorbell rang making me groan in irritation.

Charlie is here.

-----

It is sad when someone you love and care for gets hurt or ill.

Anyway exams is over .. finally! ♡☆ to those of you who also had exams or any tests , I hope it wasn't to brutal!* and goodluck with your results!*

Thank you for reading this chapter and please remember to vote if you liked it ☆☆
Comment what you think , if I have any errors feel free to help me out * and share with your friends ♡♡

Sharing is caring ;p

Enjoy the rest of your day / night I dont know lol*

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸