Chapter 8

How did it come to this ? I never liked my job , but besides my best friend it's all I had . It's been weeks and still nothing , not a single business has contacted me back and I'm still jobless.

"You want a refill ?" I looked up from the paper in my hands to the waitress standing beside my table with no real intrest in what she just asked me.

I nodded my head "yes please." I watched as she filled up my coffee with a nutral face. She glanced at me and then at the paper clearing her throat. "Any luck today ?"

I shook my head and sighed "no." I've been coming here at Buck's for coffee everyday since I started working at Carleston Industries. What a stupid name to give a Magazine - Well he always did think a lot about him self.

"You know. We need more hands here , especially with me leaving soon . So if you're interested I can put in a good word for you ?"

Well I've never seen myself as a waitress. "No thank you, running around all day with food in my hands is not really my scene."

"I understand. But everything doesn't always work out the way we want them to , besides this is probably the closest you'll come to having a job ."

"True . Alright, I'd appreciate it if you could help me out."

"Great! Oh here's Buck now. Aye Buck!"

I looked into the direction she shouted and found a man about 5'8 with grey hair approaching us , he's probably in his fifties. "Yeah?" He stood besides the waitress named Cora and looked between the two of us .

"This lovely young lady here is interested in a job."

"Is that so ?" He looked questionably at me waiting for my answer.

"Y-yes." I held out my hand "Anabelle Devenick" he took my hand in his .

"Buck" "Carol " said the waitress beside him.

"Yes this is Carol , she's about to get back to work." He looked at Carol with intimidating eyes until she left the table leaving the two of us alone.

"May I? " he gestured towards the empty seat in front of me. "Sure"
"So tell me Anabelle , you have two hands?"

"Uhh .. yes ?" I held up my hands.

"Two feet ?"

"Yes.."

"And you have a good memory ?"

"I think so , yes."

He clasped his hands together. "Alrighty then , welcome to Buck's . When can you start ?"

"Seriously ? That's all? "

"Yes , or do you have a problem? "

" uhh no , not at all. When do you need me to start ?"

He took a look around the place . "Well it's pretty busy today , so you can start training now?"

"Oh wow yes , thank you."

"No need to thank me , Carol will get you started. Your training ends at five , come by my office in the back so we can discuss the details. "

"Alright."

"Follow me." He stood up and I followed him to Cora.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Alright guys , so I know this chapter is short and I haven't updated in a long time . But this is better than nothing xD
🌸❤🌸❤🌸❤🌸❤🌸❤🌸❤

Please remember to vote if you liked it and share with your friends * thank you !

×××