Chapter 21: Promise Ring

Today is the day... The day I leave...

I sat down on my bed slowly eating some chips. Wow, this is it huh? So much has happened on the last thirty days...

Flashbacks of when I first arrived, when I ate my first drugged brownie, seeing Dominic on top of Blake, thinking Dominic was possessed, giving Dominic pink eye, first time, in a long time cussing, knowing the soft side of Dominic, find out the truth, having a pick up line contest with Dominic, thinking Dominic meant date, avenging my fair knight, more and more memories flashed into my head.

I smiled weakly. Dominic and I kissing.

"Hey Maya?" I turned around to face Dominic. "Yeah?"

"I know you don't want to go, we don't want you to go either. But it's okay!"

"Okay? You don't need to shout. I'm literally three feet in front of you"

"SHH! You don't need to cry!!" He hugged me and started stroking my hair. Umm... Okay... What's going on with him?

"But Dom, I'm not even crying." Dominic tightened his grip.

"Shh, shh. I'll all be fine honey. Just don't cry." He said. I pushed him away.

"As you can see I am not crying!" I shouted at him while pointing at my face. He sniffed and wiped his eyes.

"Wait, are YOU crying?" He wasn't looking at me. "Dom?" I walked closer to him and turned his face to me. He WAS crying. I mentally awed.

"It'll be fine Dom." I said encouragingly. "Guys?" Blake said coming into the room. Dominic quickly wiped his eyes and stood up straighter.

"He'll be here in ten minutes..." And with that, he walked out of my room.

"Maya? I have something to give you" Dominic said took something out of his pocket.

"Is it a fire truck???" He looked at me like I grew two heads be for he shook his head.

"I got you this..." He opened the little box, an there lay a beautiful ring.

"It's a promise ring." Dominic said pulling it out of the box.

I looked around the room nervously. Oh no, I've been caught. Might as well confess. "Okay, okay, I promise I won't take your colone anymore!"

"Wait you took it!? I thought I misplaced it!"

"-And I also promise to not sneak into your room anymore and steal your hoodies one by one!" I threw my hands up in the air.

"My hoodies??" He exclaimed with wide eyes.

"I'm also sorry for giving you pink eye that one time! I was on your bed and then I like... farted. I promise i won't do that anymore! Well actually I can't because I'm leaving but you know"

"Are you serious!? Ah come on man! My bed!?" I nodded my head.

"I won't do that again! Also i promise to never ta-" Dominic cut me off by placing his hand on my mouth.

"I get it! No more! Also, that's not what a promise ring is." I took his hand off my mouth and tilted my head.

"It's not???" He shook his head no. "But it's a PROMISE ring! As in I promise never to steal your food when you are not looking..."

"You did that!?" He sighed. "Never mind"

There was an awkward silence.

'This is your only opportunity, you have to tell him you like him! What if you never see him again? You have to tell him!' My conscious screeched.

But they said they had a plan! I countered. 

'So? Might as well man up dude! So when they rescue you, you can live happily ever after!'

Okay! I'll do it! I can do it! And I will do it! I grabbed his sleeve, "Dom I have something to say."

"Yeah?"

"I lik-" I got cut off by a knock on the door.

"Dom, Maya? He's here..." Dominic sighed and nodded his head.

"Maya, here, take it." He place the ring on my finger. "I promise you Maya, that we will see each other again very soon. Blake and i will come back for you. We have a plan, trust us."

I nodded my head and smiled. "I trust you." He grabbed my hand and walked me downstairs.

"Oh she's on her way down sir." We heard Blake say. "Make it quick, I ain't got all day!" A male's voice said impatiently. I
Stopped in my tracks. No, this can't be...

"Maya?" Dominic asked and place a hand on my shoulder. My eyes widened even more. Please don't tell me. It's him....

"Dad!?" I choked out. He turned around.

"Hi princess." My father smiled. I ran up to him and punched him in the face.

"Maya!?" They all exclaimed.

"You, you... Little piece of poop! Blake, Dominic, I think you were right when you said his name was Caca Poopy Face because he's a piece of shi-"

"Do not speak that way about your father Little miss!" I glared at him. Remember why your doing this Maya, remember. I sighed.

"I'm sorry my oh so precious father that I love SO much, please forgive me for almost calling you a piece of shi- poop. I do hope you shall forgive me even thought you kinda are one and deserves to be called much worse." I said sarcastically an bowed my head.

"Great! Here's Your money boys. Let's go Maya." He grabbed my hand and started dragging me to the exit.

I turned back to look at Dominic and Blake. I smiled weakly a mouthed 'I trust you, get me soon." They both nodded there heads and stood up straighter with a determined look on both there faces.

Blake said something to Dominic and they both nodded at each other and looked back at me.

I looked down and sighed. I couldn't say it, I couldn't tell him.
****
I'm sorry to say this but..... I'm gonna stop writing the book.
*
*
*
*
*
*
Nah, I'm kidding, haha, you actually thought that, hahaha!! Although the book is coming to an end. Yes, 'tis to say it be I've soon. Oh, well.

Bye, bye for now!