Chapter 5: Lies

Hey, Rulers! So I actually finished writing the story in my free time a few days ago, now it's just a matter of how fast I can type it up. My internet connection is totally dead, so now I can only upload at my grandparent's house, which I go to on Wednesday and Saturday/Sunday. So yeah, we'll see what happens. Also, I have an idea for a sequel, would any of you read that if I posted it after this story is finished?

Ch 5: Lies

Jason's POV

“I knew it!” Ty replies. “But how'd you find out?” I explain everything, leaving out the part about the real Sky being tortured, because I don't know how Ty would react, and I can't have him getting himself killed by Evil-Sky. “Wait, how do you know Sky's in the other dimension?” he asks.

“Oh. Evil-Sky told the squids they didn't have to worry about Sky because he was stuck in the other dimension, and even if he did get back, he would love squi-” I cut myself off. Darn it, Jason, you almost mentioned the torture! Please don't question it, Ty, please don't question it!

“What? Why would he love squids?” Ty asks.

I sigh. I'm not gonna lie to him. “OK, Ty, just remember, we need to come up with an actual plan, we can't just attack Evil-Sky right away.”

“What is it? Just tell me!”

“The you from the other dimension is torturing Sky until he starts to hate budder and love squids,” I say.

Ty is silent for a moment. Then: “NO! SKY ISN'T SKY IF HE DOESN'T LOVE BUDDER AND HATE SQUIDS! WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!”

I yank the phone away from my ear and wait for Ty to finish yelling. “Whoa, calm down, Ty. You're gonna make me go deaf.”

“Sorry.”

“It's okay. Now, we need to call the others and come up with a plan.”

“How are we going to get to the other dimension?”

“...Uh... I have no idea.”

“... I'll bet Seto can do it! He's awesome with that kind of thing.”

“Alrighty, can you call him? I'll get the others and we can meet at your house.”

“Uh... I haven't rebuilt my house yet.”

“Fine, we'll meet at Seto's. Is that OK?”

“I think he'll be fine with that.”

“OK. See ya later.”

“Bye, Jason.”

I hang up and start to dial Jerome's number. A gloved hand stops me, though. I look up to see Sky, or Evil-Sky, hovering in front of me, covering the screen of my phone. “You're not going to tell anyone about my secret, are you, Jason?”