Chapter 39

Second to last chapter, people. Here we go! ~

######################################################

Erebus

Now that the little nuisance is taken care of, I can finally do what I was planning to do the whole time.

"Rally the troops. Get them ready for battle. We're going to bring down that little Roman camp of theirs and I'll use this body to do it," I laughed, hearing the deep ring of this body's voice, attractive to any person looking for love. I was looking for blood, though, and a high body count on the opponent's side.

"Yes, sir!" the group of monsters in front of me shouted before they started to cheer battle cries.

Erebus watched with a small malicious smile on his face.

I will soak this body in blood, be it his or theirs, I will do it then I'll let him see how much hell he has reigned.

The smile only got bigger as I thought more about the events to come.

-------------

We marched. It was long and uneventful and I was getting bored.

"Group up!" I yelled, stopping in my tracks but not turning around, I knew where everyone was. Once they were huddled, with just the flick of my wrist, reality morphed and stretched before clearing in a whole new spot.

I knew exactly where we were.

"Monsters," I addressed my army and turned around. I whipped an arm up and pointed it in the direction behind me, towards a tall hill.

"Camp Jupiter is just over that hill. We make it there, we win!" A canopy of roars and cheers covered the land.

No, a whisper sounded in my head. I snarled and sent a mental shock through the wavering consciousness. A small squeak and it went silent.

This bastard of Poseidon needs to learn his place.

"Forward!" I yelled, spinning and taking off in that direction with a brisk but steady pace. I was ready. It's time to fight.

-------------

Reyna

"Praetor! Praetor!" Someone was shouting in earnest. "Monster army spotted 100 yards away!"

"What?" I stood from where I sat in my chair, my dogs standing with me. "Rally the troops! Warn the walls! Protect the city!"

"Yes, Praetor!" The person has just barely made it inside before they had to turn around and convey the orders.

I stood and ran to ready for battle, shucking my robes off quickly and throwing the padding and metal armor on before finding my cape and rushing out of the building. As soon as my boot had hit the lush grass, alarms blared through the whole camp, echoing. Screams of terror rang from the city.

"My, my! What a welcome meeting!" Someone called from a distance away. I turned only to be faced with the worst nightmare of many.

Third Person

Reyna watched in horror as Percy, or Erebus, walked calmly, almost peacefully, towards her.