𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

The steam from the bath engulfed the bathroom, as Isabel sat in the bathtub. Her eyes were closed as she listened to the music playing through her phone, feeling rather calm all things considered. For the last few hours, she, Phil and Richard had been going over their plan of action. Richard was the face of the company, he was the man that created it. Phil was the head of finance, he knew everything about the numbers and could easily talk about the amount of money to invest. As for Isabel, she was the woman that had suddenly caused Vance Publications to go viral. Head of creative content and marketing, Isabel was the one who could talk about the viral marketing side of the business. 

The stress of it all, made Isabel pour herself a bath as she got ready for the evening. A face mask was on her face, her hair was freshly washed and legs were freshly shaved. Though she would rather be anywhere than London, she could not deny the slight excitement that tingled within her body. Being asked to attend a big event like this, was something else. Richard asked her personally to go, and it would be a good way to make connections. After all, Isabel may always need a quick get out. 

Though it had been three years since she left, she knew how capable he was and never felt truly at ease. Some may say she is paranoid and rather full of herself, thinking that her ex-boyfriend would still be after her. But Isabel just told herself that she was smart to not underestimate him. Though she may be wrong that he still wanted her, after all it had been three years, the threatening voicemail he left her said other wise. 

"You can run, you can hide angel. But I will find you. Let the games begin Isabel.

Stepping from the bath, Isabel washed her facemask off before wrapping the fluffy robe around her body. Her mind wondered off, thinking if she would be able to steal the fluffy robe. After all, hotel bathrobes and slippers hit a different level. 

Sitting at the vanity, she study her face in the mirror for a moment, only to sigh and look at the products in front of her. Isabel was never one to take too much pride on appearance. Granted she liked to wear makeup and have neat hair, but she didn't wear too much makeup. To her, it was more about what she had to offer than whether she was considered pretty. 

Swiping the makeup upon her face, she stepped back and did her hair. The only downside to this trip was that Candice didn't come. The woman could work wonders for Isabel right now, in terms of sorting out her hair. She was pretty useless when it came to that. Makeup, that was easy but creating big curls was something else. She was a simple plait girl or ponytail, none of creating waves and curls. 

After arguing with the curling iron for twenty minutes, Isabel finally finished. A small grin formed on her lips at her appearance, before she swiped on a little lipstick and spritzed herself with perfume. Stepping from the bathroom, she walked across the bedroom towards the dress that hung up. Her fingers fiddled with the material, before sliding on the red dress up her body adjusting the straps. She slipped on the shoes, before glancing at herself in the mirror. 

A black coat laid on her bed along with her black clutch and phone, Isabel furrowed her brows before rolling her eyes. Reaching into her bag, she found the small velvet black box and opened it. The diamond necklace shining against the lights to the room. 

Her fingers picked up the cold necklace, as she draped around her neck. Adjusting the piece so it sat perfectly on her neck, the longer end reaching level with her collarbones. Her fingers ghostly touched the diamonds, before stepping back and giving herself a nod and a moment of praise for how good she looked. 

A sharp knock at the door, caused Isabel to scurry and grab her coat and bag before she opened the door. Phil was stood against the door frame, dashingly as ever in the same colour suit. His hair was styled back and the stubble on his beard had been shaped and trimmed.