▹16◃

London.

"Isabel? Is that really you?"

It was as if the world slowed, upon my heading turning to the voice that was so familiar. And it was not a welcoming voice that I wanted to hear. But then again, I never got what I wanted and that included the two people standing right before me. Even when I went to leave, Harry's hand latched around my waist ensuring that I stayed put. 

There she stood in all her glory, her hair pinned in a tight bun and she was wearing the Chanel black dress. Clearly she was trying to impress to Harry, because she would only wear that dress when trying to show off. My father stood next to her, matching her outfit and held a firm face as usual. If Harry had told me we would be dining with my parents, who disowned me, I would have happily married him on the spot if it meant I would never have to see them again. I was not happy to see them. 

Harry guided me to the table in the back of the restaurant, as I sat with him, opposite my parents who smiled. Their glasses were half filled, a scotch by my father and the sickly sweet perfume of my mother filled my nose. I coughed a little, taking the water from the waitress and stared at my parents, while Harry ordered. The silence was awkward and the tension could not even be hacked through with an axe.

"I never knew you were with Harry here, and engaged! You never told us!" The high pitched voice of my mother, was starting to give me a headache and she had only managed to spit out two sentences to me.  

"Well why would I? Last thing you said to me and I quote, If you walk out of that, do not expect to me welcome back." The venom on my voice was clear, as Harry rested his hand on my thigh. For once, he actually brought me comfort. 

The chuckle of my mother's voice echoed through the restaurant as my father raised his head. "Isabel, that was a misunderstanding. It is in the pass, things are different now." He hadn't changed one bit, still doing whatever my mother told him. Still wearing ties that were fading from the bottom and drinking scotch. 

"Because your daughter is marrying one of the wealthiest men in the world right? How she was degraded by her family, but now you can tell your friends how I wasn't disappointing. Because Isabel is marrying the Harry Styles," I spat back at them, as my mother looked down embarrassed. Did she not think I knew how they would disown me, never speak and make some lie that I was living the high life somewhere. And now they could tell everyone if that hadn't read it in every newspaper or magazine that I was engaged. 

"Isabel darling-"

"No you do not get to do this," I carried on, as Harry squeezed my thigh. "I was never going to be enough for you. I had to carrying on the legacy of my great parents. And even when I tried my hardest that wasn't good enough for you. That your daughter wanted to do something else, that she enjoyed. And even when you disowned me, you think you can come back in my life, just because I'm engaged. Well guess what, you can take that and shove up your tight ass!" 

The look on my mother's face was priceless, my father seemed angry and when I looked at Harry I could see anger. But hidden was a smirk, as if he felt proud of me standing up for myself once more. Though I might have backed down to Harry, I would never back down to my parents. Not after everything they had done, when their child needed them the most. 

"Well who cares about universities now? You are getting married and that is all that matters." 

My father had barely uttered a word to me, and came out with that pathetic sentence. It was almost laughable, and if I wasn't so ill I would have cried with laughter. Did they think I would let them back into my twisted and complicated life, a life that I loathed but also kind of liked, in a weird way.

"Yes, we are getting married in spring," I began, seeing the delight on my mother's face. "And neither of you are invited."

Harry looked at me, as I made eye contact, begging he would let me have this one. If he agreed with me, I would never defy him again. I can not have my parents at my own wedding, I had very little choice on the matter and only hoped he would allow me to have this one. But then again, this was Harry and he never played fair.

"Do not be so silly Isabel, we're your parents. Mother of the bride, your father is meant to be giving you away." 

I tuned out the horrid voice of my mother, and began to eat my food upon its arrival. The food tasted bland, perhaps because I couldn't taste anyway or this dinner had turned into a horror show. I ate my food quickly, before looking up as my mother spoke to Harry about me in my younger youth, making me laugh.

"You were never there for that-"

"Isabel stop it!" My father finally snapped, looking at me as I smiled.

"I had a nanny, Julia her name was, she basically raised me. All these sweet childhood memories are from Julia who was like my mother. And when I preferred her, you fired her and told the police she stole jewellery that you lost!" I snapped. "Stop trying to make out like we are some perfect family. We never were, and you kicking me out was the best thing you ever did in my life." With that, I stood up, grabbing my coat and walked into the bitter air and waited by Harry's car. 

The busy streets of London seemed to calm me in my angry state. Perhaps because it was a distraction of everything. I might have been harsh on my parents, but it was true and I never wanted to see them.

"You know that was really rude of your angel."

His voice seemed to block every other noise, as I felt his presence behind me as he turned me to face him. My eyes looked up into his own, as he stared down, his arms crossed over his chest. But his eyes were not filled with anger, not filled with hatred or disappointment but filled with sadness and nothing but love. Love he felt for me, and right now that seemed like the only thing I needed. 

"But I understand, and I'm sorry for inviting them." 

My eyes stayed locked onto his, before tears welled up in my own eyes as Harry gently tugged me into his warm body. And feeling his arms around me, felt like he was protecting me. Not keeping me like an object, or possessing him, but generally caring for me. All this time, I knew he never wanted to hurt me, I knew that he didn't mean to cause me pain. Not saying I forgive him for everything, but right now I wanted nothing more than Harry to hold me and take me home.

My parents were never there for me, they didn't care about who I was, only what I could achieve. And that hurt me more than anything, because your parents should love you, should hold you and keep you safe. Mine never should any love, never held me when I needed it and safe was not something I would use when it came to our relationships. 

"Can we go home?" My voice whispered out, almost trembling as I sniffled, whether that was from tears or the fact I was still feeling rather sick from the last few days. I heard the gentle rumble of Harry's chest, meaning he was chuckling as he kissed the top of my head and let me in the car. 

I sunk into the warmth, and for once his hand sitting on my thigh felt comforting. I locked my hand with his, as he started to drive back towards the house. I smiled knowing my parents were still sitting in there, and they would never see their daughter again, only my face being plastered on magazines and the news. They were not coming to the wedding, they were not going to be apart of my life, regardless how crazy and confusing it seemed. 

I looked towards Harry, as he looked at the road smiling seeing his hair was growing long again. I preferred it shorter and curly, and his eyes seemed to sparkle even more in the dim lighting. He looked at me, giving him a confused smile as I offered him one back. This moment seemed so perfect, like everything that happened between us just vanished, that this was the right thing to do. And I wished it would stay like this.

I smiled, before my face turned to horror. "Harry!" The scream left my lips, seeing several sets of headlights, beaming and blinding at us. I squinted, before letting out a shriek feeling the impact. I couldn't feel anything, being thrown around the car, my head smacking the dash board, as Harry tried to control the car, as everything became duller and eventually empty. The only thing echoing in the wind were a few simple words. 

"Please don't leave me."