hyPerfIXATionS

Ok so like I'm gonna just say this

I'm super ADD. Like, my parents probably won't say it because they live under a societal rock and don't understand things like mental disorders and so

I'm self diagnosed but please save your bitching for another time because i truly believe I'm ADD and if I'm not then I must just be fucking crazy because then that means there is no explanation for my neurodivergent behaviors.

This includes tangents (which I very often go off in) and the big one;

HYPERFIXATIONS.

Okay so people on the spectrum refer to it as special interests, but ADD people call it hyperfixations.

This is not just "a phase" or anything.

No, we like get into something and we dIVE INTO IT

Like I used to hyperfixate on 60's sitcoms like Bewitched and Gilligan's Island, and then it started with bands.

First The Beatles, then The Monkees, for a short time it was ABBA, then it was Queen.

After that, it became Gotham, more specifically, Edward Nygma and his associates, and if you haven't seen my last post, it's beginning to be musicals, more specifically Dear Evan Hansen, even more specifically, the character Connor Murphy.

Okay so like with hyperfixations, it's, to quote a tumblr post, "the thing that makes most people go 'Oh cool' that makes you go '!!!'"

AND THAT'S ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

Like okay, normally, a conversation could be like;

"Hey, who played Martha in the Heathers musical?"

"Katie Ladner, she also was in Be More Chill."

Meanwhile, if you were to ask maybe someone like me, it'd be more like;

"Hey, who played Martha in the Heathers musical?"

"Oh, that was Katie Ladner. She also played Jenna in Be More Chill, but her role wasn't that big in that either. Like, she's in two songs, but more like one because she says like five words in More Than Survive, which is the first song, and she's trying to talk, but Chloe cuts her off and so the only part she really got in the soundtrack was the Smartphone Hour, which I'm pretty sure is a parody of the Telephone Hour from Bye Bye Birdie, and she begins to spread the news about Rich setting the house on fire after the Halloween party, which spirals out of control. But now she's in Wicked, as the understudy for Miss Morrible, but she has another role that I forget."

Yes, I kid you not, I wrote that all off the top of my head without pausing.

That's just how my mind works, and so if i start like gushing over something, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RESPECT PEOPLE'S HYPERFIXATIONS AND SPECIAL INTERESTS BECAUSE LIKE THEY MEAN ALOT TO US AND SO MAKING FUN OF THEM OR INSULTING THEM IS HONESTLY HURTFUL, AND IT'S NOT FUNNY.

Also like understand that I absolutely love using out of context quotes

Like I'll send them to my friends for no reason just to confuse them alot

These include (but definitely are not limited to);
"WAIT DID YOU.... KILL EMINEM?!"
"You look just like....... Keanu Reeves"
"I like jazz but not like all jazz like I like jazz band jazz"
"WHERE IS THE SPICY MUSTARD, YOU BETTER NOT HAVE FINISHED IT A- Oh, never mind, I found it!!"

I wanna go on but I should sleep.

So yeah, I'll probably continue this like tomorrow, but yeah, hyperfixations are weird, but trust me, they're absolutely real for the neurodivergent community.

That's all for now!!

~K 🌌