Chapter 5 - My first friend

The girl from the Inuzuka clan had lived in the same direction as me.

She was wearing a grey tracksuit. I expected that she would wear trainers to this sporty outfit, but when I looked down to her feet I noticed that her legs were bare.

She took her hair down from the ponytail it was in before and roughed it up a bit. Her hair was extremely long and wavy! As she sat on Shiromaru's back I realised that her hair and the dog's fur is almost the same colour.

The dog sarted barking.

'Shh... Calm down Shiromaru. I know what do you mean.' She said to the dog and turned to me. 'Can he smell your hand?'

'Smell my hand? Why?'

'He knows that you are not harmful for us and in order not to mistake you for a stranger, he wants to memorise your scent.'

'Oh, I see!' I said and made a long arm. Shiromaru snooped my extended palm. The dog barked again. Ashi fondled his neck and said:

'Thank you. From now on he will recognise you as a comrade.'

'You can really understand what is he saying? Amazing!' I said on the way.

'Yes, but it is no big deal. It is one of our clans abilities I gained by blood.'

We walked in silence for some time.

'How did you mean that your goal is to be acknowledge for who you are?' She asked suddenly.

'I have never talked about this before, but I think you will understand me Ashi-san.' I took a deep breath. 'The big case is that everybody likes my brother and thinks that he is a great ninja and they often compare me to him.' I sighed. 'But I'm different from him! For example I don't have friends like him. I'm rather a loner.' I looked down to the ground.

She turned her head to me and said:

'I know what you are talking about. I'm always compared to Kiba too.'

'Really?'

'Yes' She smiled at me. 'It looks like we have a lot in common. I'm not a big man about town, but I think we can try to be friends.'

I was totally shocked. Nobody had aksed me to be friends before. I smiled at her.

'Sure! I would be pleased.'

-----

Some minutes later on the way I remembered that Shikamaru had promised to train with me. I told Ashi good-bye and headed towards my place.