Chapter 38 - Our life

Akira was sitting at the entrance of the cave, gazing into space. Again!

We have been in this cave for two weeks now. During these days, we learned how to support each other and how to cooporate.

'Why did you saved me?' He asked me for the thousand time.

'Don't tell me, that you are still mulling over this, Akira!' I rolled my eye. 'I simply couldn't let you die there.' I said and hugged him from behind. He blushed a bit.

'I can't say enough time, how greatful I'm, that you saved me.' He turned to face me. 'Without you, I would have died under the ruins.' He looked down to his wrapped up arm sadly.

'Don't be depressed Akira! You are fine and your arm heals pretty quickly, so you will be able to move it soon.' I smiled.

-----

On that night, I was sitting next to the fire with Hanku. Akira was already asleep.

'Don't you think, that this is strange?' The panter asked.

'What? What are you talking about Hanku?'

'I'm talking about him. That beam surely broke his arm, but he heals extremely quickly. This is not normal! Moreover, how can you explain that he was the only one survivor?'

'I don't know Hanku.' I looked at the sleeping guy. 'I really don't know.'

-----

After a week, Akira could finally move his arm, so I suggested to go hunting together.

He told me, that he was planning to move to Konoha to become a ninja, but he never had the opportunity to leave his village.

'I can't understand why did you decided to leave Konoha! You are a good ninja Ichigo.' He said to me once when we were hunting.

'No one had acknowledged me there, so there were no point in staying in the village.' I answered and threw a kunai at a bird. I hit it!

'Good Ichi-chan, but look at this!' He said and threw a suriken what he borrowed from me. He got a much bigger bird than I had.

'What? How can you threw like this?' I was amazed.

'I told you before that I wanted to be a ninja, didn't I?' He smirked.

'Yeah, you had said it before, but I didn't expect you to be this good!'

'Thanks, but you are much better than me Ichi-chan.' He blushed.

'Hanku, take the birds to the cave! I will stay out with Akira for a little while.' I smirked at the boy, who didn't seemed to get what I wanted.

When Hanku left, I drew out two of my katana and trew one of them to his feet. He jumped back.

'Why did you do that for?' He shouted.

'You said you wanted to be a ninja and it seems that you have great skills, so why don't we try?' I smirked.

'You want to train me?' He looked at me with wide eyes.

'Exactly.' I get into fighting stance. 'First lesson: Cover yourself!' I said and dashed towards him.