Phase 9

Several months later

I'm sitting on the rocking chair, sewing with a cup of tea on the side.

I look out the window and see that the sun is setting soon.

"Zark, should be home soon then..I should start on supper." I slowly get up, I use the railing on the side of the wall that Zark built for me as support.

It's hard to get up and move now, since I've had this child in me

Everyday is a new battle, a new experience for me and for Zark as well.

He has been searching for a new job since we've found out that I was pregnant. I told him that it was unnecessary to do so, but he insisted that he wanted for us to live an easier life so he wanted a job that provided more money.

I'm currently in my seventh month of pregnancy. My stomach is getting bigger and bigger, which means that moving is getting harder and harder.

I walk towards the kitchen and begin to chop up some vegetables and some stew meat.

That's when I heard the door open.

"Honey, I'm home." I hear Zark's somewhat distant voice.

I clean my hands and walk out towards the living room.

"Welcome back Zark honey." I tippie-toe and kiss him on both cheeks first before finally kissing him on the lips.

"You're becoming quite bold aren't you?" He smirks at me.

"Not at all! I'm just showing my love for you." I smile back at him.

"Something smells delicious, what is it?" He playfully sniffs around the room.

I giggle, "it's your favorite, beef stew with some cornbread on the side."

"Ooh, sounds delicious." He kisses me on the cheek this time.

"Go get changed, it'll be done soon"

He walks away into our bedroom.

--

About 30 minutes later we're sitting on the table eating our supper together.

"So, Zark did you find anything today?" I pass him the cornbread

"Yes, I found a job as a carpenter. They said they would call me in soon to see how well I can carpent."

"I'm sure you'll do wonderful." We continue to eat our supper as we light talk about different topics.

After supper, Zark helps me bathe. He scrubs the places I can't reach by myself and when I'm too tired to do so.

"Thank you Zark, you don't know how much it means for me to do this. The baby is taking all my energy away."

"You don't have to thank me, this is nothing. I'd do this everyday for you even if you weren't pregnant with our child anyways."

We both laugh and playfully bathe together.

---

"AAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

I open my eyes from the sudden noise.

"What was that?" I turn to my left but I don't see Zark next to me.

"Zark...?" I slowly get out of bed. "Agh, my stomach hurts.." I hold my stomach as I walk out to the living room slowly.

I notice the full moon shining through the window, that creates a path for me to walk in the darkness.

"Zark...where are you..?" Being unable to find Zark scares me. I'm shaking in fear of what could've happened, especially with that loud roaring noise outside that I've just heard."

I open the front door and walk out to the porch. There I see Zark standing outside in the front of our cottage.

"Zark..? Honey..what are you doing outside? It's late.." I ask, he seems to be fine..

He turns around slowly his eyes wide open. He covers his face.

I stare at him unable to say anything.

For some reason, it seems as if Zark can't hear me at all..

"Zark... Zark... Zark..." I call out to him quietly. My stomach hurting even more.

I am unable to bear the pain and fall to the floor on our front porch.

"Ah..." I fall with a thud.

Zark's POV

I hear a thud.

The thud reminds me of something, that it's important. That I should turn and look before I regret anything..

I turn my head and see Kathyrne on the floor grasping her stomach, her face in the looks of pain.

"KATHYRNE!" I yell out. I run towards Kathyrne and hold her up.

"Kathyrne, KATHYRNE! Are you ok?!!" I ask slightly shaking her.

"I'm-I'm fine.." She says looking out of breath, "Ugh.." She holds her stomach even more. She then faints in my own arms.

"Kathyrne..? KATHYRNE!!!" I yell out into the night.