Phase 12

A day later I'm sitting in the rocking chair, sewing.

Zark comes in.

"Good morning." He kisses my cheek and I kiss his back.

"Good morning."

"How do some fresh scones with strawberry jam sound?"

"Delicious."

"Alright, then fresh scones with strawberry jam coming right up!" He walks enthusiastically into the kitchen.

I continue sewing the mittens I've made for our child.

Suddenly, it felt as if I spilled some tea on myself. I get up to try to look, but almost lose my balance. I knock the tea cup onto the ground.

"Kathyrne? Is something wrong, he walks back into the living room."

I grab my stomach in pain. "I-I think it's time, Zark.."

"Oh my god! We have to get you to the doctor now!" He calls a nearby carriage over to help us to the doctors.

Several hours later..

"Oh my! It's a pair of twins!" The midwife exclaims.

She hands the babies to me. It's a boy and a girl.

"They're beautiful..." I tear up a bit.

Zark on the side begins to cry as well. I have never seen Zark cry before until now..

The babies were named Theodore and Victoria.

--

A week later, I'm resting in the living room by the fireplace while looking over Theodore and Victoria sleeping.

They behaved better than most babies I've know in my life. Life was peaceful for now.

I found the love of my life, got married, and now we have two beautiful children in our lives. Theodore looked just like me is what Zark said, but Victoria looked just like Zark is what I said to him back.

Zark walks in the home and we have a cup of tea together.

These days, Zark has been acting strange. It's as if he has had a massive headache come after him over and over each day.

We got medicine from the doctor, but he still says that he doesn't feel well. I told him that he should rest more.

We go to our bedroom and put the babies in their cots and we change into our nightgowns.

The moon shone brightly in our room once more.

-

It was around 2 A.M. when I heard the same sounds as I did months before.

"ARRRRGHHHHHH!!!!" I shot up from my bed and the babies next to me started crying.

"It's ok, Theodore, Victoria. Mother is here.. Shhh.." I hold each of them and rock back to sleep.

Though Zark is supposed to be here, he isn't once again.

I get a horrible feeling inside of me.

Quickly I run out of the bedroom and go outside.

I expect to find Zark standing in the same spot, but he isn't there at all.

"RROOOOOOOAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!" I hear even clearer and louder. The noise scares me, but I need to find Zark.

I run to the nearby destroyed meadow and see nothing that I have ever seen in my entire life before.

A creature that was tall, taller than any man I have ever seen. The build of the body was also strange, a large head, and an especially large upper body with smaller legs.