Phase 11

2 months later..

We're in our final month now. The doctor told me that the baby was to be born any time now. That if I were to sense any kind of discomfort, I pledged to go to the nearest doctor.

Zark has taken a break from work and is home to take care of me. The carpenter was nice enough to give him a break but also some extra money to support ourselves while he wasn't working.

The days were going by smoothly.

I haven't heard a single word from my uncle nor my mother nor from anyone back in London. It was as if I had never existed at all, that my meaning of existence in London was nothing.

It stung a bit, but I don't ever regret coming to live here with Zark. It has been the best decision in my entire life up until now.

I had thought that there would be a search for me, a lady of a well-known merchant family had gone missing and left her mother alone to die is what I expected on the front covers of newspapers. Yet not a single word, a single voice, nothing.

My uncle probably didn't give a damn anyways. He's probably happy that I'm finally out of his life, the wretched person who only played piano.

I do miss playing the piano. The feeling has never left my fingers, body, nor mind. It was etched into my soul.

I had to do without a physical instrument, instead I often used my voice to sing. It was a substitute for the piano I didn't have now. Yet I didn't see it as a substitute, it was just as beautiful as the piano is. That is what Zark says of course.

I often sing to him, sing to the sky, sing to the trees surrounding us, and sing to our baby of course. Even if it couldn't hear me, it didn't matter it felt as if someone was listening to me. I was never alone, even without Zark next to me. It still felt a bit lonely, but a half of him was in me and it felt amazing to be able to have him in me and to be able to carry his own and my own as well.

A week later...

"Kathyrne? Are you ready?" Zark asks me.

"Yes, I'm coming!"

I come from the back of the house.

"How do I look?" I ask.

"Beautiful.." He smiles at me, his eyes full of love.

We're walking on the road when I stop Zark.

"Zark.."

"Yes?"

"Zark, I love you."

He looks at me surprised, jaw almost dropped.

Not surprising of course.

"I wanted to tell you this, before we become one."

It's because I had never told Zark once before that I loved him. I know that it's strange, I know that some may call me a witch of some sort for treating him like this and never telling him until now.

But it wasn't because I didn't love him. I did and I always will. I just wanted to find the most meaningful time to tell him. This was the time.

We walked through the wooden doors into a small building.

Wooden benches everywhere, the mosaics on the windows, the ceiling filled with paintings of angels floating around. The candles lit, and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Everything seemed beautiful and magical here.

We were at a church.

"Good morning, Mister and Miss. I see you have arrived on time." The pastor says.

"Yes, we didn't want to be late for our wedding after all." We both smile at each other.

"Very well, please come over here."

We both walk to the front of the room and step onto the top of the stairs.

"Then we shall begin, please join hands." The pastor says.

He clears his throat.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Mister Zark Felmer and Miss Kathyrne Stanbury

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Mister Zark Felmer and Miss Kathyrne Stanbury."

"Now before we begin, if anyone is to have any objections speak now or forever hold your peace." He pauses.

The empty church stays silent, answering the question for the pastor.

"Very well, we shall begin."

"Repeat after me, Miss Stanbury. Do you take Mister Zark Felmer to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do, take Mister Zark Felmer to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part."

"You may place the ring halfway on his finger."

I slip the ring to the joint.

"Now, we shall do the same for Mister Felmer. Repeat after me. Do you take Miss Kathyrne Stanbury to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do, take Miss Kathyrne Stanbury to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part."

"You may place the ring halfway on her finger."

Zark slips the ring to the joint as well.

"Now the both of you repeat after me together, I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity."

We both look at each other in the eye.

"I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity." We say in unity.

"You both may now put your rings in place of each other."

At the same time, we both slide the rings in place on our ring fingers.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Zark lifts my veil.

He cups my chin with his hand and we both lean in for a kiss.

A kiss that marks our bond, our love, our life, our future, our destiny, our fate, our souls together as one.