3. Burning Mark

>>Hello my lovely readers! If there even are any... This one-shot takes place in a world where everyone has a soulmate. When you are born, a mark appears on a part of your body. Your soulmate has the exact same mark on the exact same spot. You can't cover the mark up because it will burn through every piece of clothing. The marks starts to burn when you come close to your soulmate. It normally is a tint darker than your skin tone, but when you kiss your soulmate it will glow up. The glow-up color is different for every pair. Oh, and Victor isn't a famous skater, but he skates for hobby. I hope this makes sense :')<<

Yuuri pulls his new bought shirt over his head. He immediately feels his mark burn trough the thick material. Yuuri winces. It hurts.

He opens his eyes and a sigh of relief escapes his lips when the burning feeling stops. He turns his head to look at the reflection of his back in the mirror. The mark has burned a hole in his shirt on his right shoulder.

A small golden circle stands out clear on his shoulderblade.

He turns his head and rolls his shoulder blades to completely get rid of the uncomfortable feeling.He takes in a deep breath, picks up his messenger bag from the ground an walks out of his small bedroom.

He feels a bit nauseous so he decides to skip breakfast and go straight to the skating rink. He walks out of the apartment and makes sure to lock the door.

His sneakers make a funny squeeking noise on the laminate floor in the hall. Before he walks out of the apartment complex he goes to his mailbox to check for mail. There are only some bills and a two months early birthday card from his aunt. She alway forgets his birthday is in November instead of September.

He throws his bag on the back seats of his blue car before getting in himself. He knows the way to the ice rink by head. He could probably find it with his eyes closed.

He has lived in Detroit for almost two years, he moved here so he could train with his coach Celestino. Competitive skating doesn't pay as good as some people might think, so to make sure he doesn't get kicked out of his apartment he works in the local bookstore in his spare time.

When he drove past the bookstore and saw the owner, a woman two years older than Yuuri's, putting out the blue sign on which the name of the store was painted in a light pink. Yuuri could see her mark (a water drop) from even this distance, burning through the red top she wore, as her husband came out and kissed her on the lips. Her mark lit up in a bright purple, his too.

Yuuri quickly turned his head. He didn't want to admit it, but he was a bit jealous at them. Yuuko had found her mate at the young age of fifteen. That wasn't too weird, but most people would find their soulmate when they were around the age of eighteen. Yuuri was now twenty three, there was still time.

He arrived at the rink forty five minutes early, he liked to practice a bit before his training with his coach started. He got out of the car and walked inside the building. He didn't know the owner too well. The owner was a rather grumpy looking man. Yuuri had never once seen him smile. He always thought it was due to the fact that the elder man had never found his soulmate. His mark had never glown up. Yuuri always had felt sympathy towards the man.

He walked straight to the locker room to put on his skates, he didn't want to lose his precious time. He pushed his glasses up his nose, got up and walked to the ice. There was nobody skating so he had the ice to himself.

He pulled out his phone and plugged his earphones in and made sure his phone was safe in his pocket, it had happened to him before that his phone had fallen out of the pocket and onto the ice.

He stepped onto the ice and slided to the centre of the rink. He stopped, closed his eyes and breathed in the cold air. His mark tingled, but he didn't pay any attention to it. He started to skate a routine he had been thinking about for a while now. He hadn't picked any music yet so he just skated to the beat of the random song playing in his ears.