Dear Link

Dear Link, if I'm not here when you are, drive up to the bridge. There's something we both must do. You say you've reached the end? Well, me as well. It's my time Link. I will wait for you, but please don't try and change my mind. We used to have so much fun together. Riding through the woods on our bikes, recording weird things on our tapes. Link, we haven't had a laugh in years. I'm not saying all this because there's a lot to do when you get to the bridge. So I wrote you this letter. Don't think I'm not grateful for your help and friendship. Because I really, really am. I can't thank you enough. You are the best friend in the world. Us? We're the definition of best friends. Like seriously, if you were to look it up in a dictionary, it would just say 'Rhett and Link'. You mean the absolute world to me. And those times we had will always have a special place in my heart. I know you think the same. These last few weeks have been the hardest without you. I wish we could re-unite for good. But it just won't happen. Link, I have reached the end. I can't do it without them, without you! Now I know this is a hard thing to take in, but please forgive me. By no means do you have to do it too. Our friendship will always be. You will always be in my heart, in fact, you are my heart. You mean more to me than peanut butter means to you. I can't stress enough how important you are to me. We've both changed these last few years. We are both in such a dark place. It's so dark that I can't see you in order to pull you out again. And you can't see me. But like I said before, you don't have to do this. If you don't, you will get your kids back and they will help you. How old will they be now? I think Lily is coming up 18 isn't she?  Wow, adulthood already. I remember your 18th birthday. It was just us at your house. Like normal, but different. There was a slight sense of maturity. I remember when you told me you were bi. You said you couldn't tell anyone else like your mom and dad because you would have died right there and then. That must be why Christy thought there was something going on between us. But how could she even think that? Like yeah we are extremely close, but it's only natural. We are best friends. You are the best friend I've ever had. I can't believe it. 34 years tomorrow. The day we see each other again. I can't wait Link. I have a surprise for you which I know you will love. I have spent so long planning this for you. But I never knew just how to finish it . I know now though. I need to end it with you by my side. In that amazing place we first met. Kindergarten. Ms Locklear's classroom. I'll never forget our first memory. Let's make our last one just as memorable. See you soon Link.
Always- your buddy Rhett.

Word count- 552