Memory 2

Link's POV
"We are going to see Cape Fear! We used to go there so much. Like, every time we needed to talk. So let's just talk like the old days. Whoever is on the big rock gets to speak remember!"
"Sounds good. But Rhett, please speak first. I think you have more than me to say."
"Sure!"
---------------------------------------------
At Cape Fear...
"So, speak?"
"'Kay. Basically, my life has just shut down this past couple of weeks. And I know most people would give it another go, but I've been through enough. It's over. I can't do it! Ok, I'm done. Swap?"
"Well, what if, I came to stay with you for good. Then I'll win back the kids and they can stay with us! It would work. And I'm sure if we were always together like it used to be then we'd be able to fix things. It will get easier. I promise. Now we don't need to switch places. But please, talk."
"I'm not so sure Link. Won't the kids think something is going on between us? I think they're old enough to work it out."
"Relax. They know the score. But they don't know why Christy left me. Why would they believe that anyway? You have always been straight as a line."
There was a long pause.
"No."
"You mean..."
"Yes Link. I'm bi too."
"Well why not tell me?"
"I only figured it out a little while ago. I felt like I had to tell you in person."
"Oh. Okay. Well, you know about me, I know about you. What now?"
He leaned in. I copied and we kissed. He quickly jerked away and ran off.
"Wait!  Rhett!"
"I'm sorry."
He was gone.

I drove my car back to where we started. The bridge...

Word count- 300