CHAPTER NINE.

FIVE MONTHS AGO.

Everyone had heard of them. The knew booming couple of Staken court.

The Billz couple. That was their name. Two sexy people who just seemed to be made for each other. Mike and Sidney...but Wills knew better.

Mike stepped into Wills' room and looked at his friend who was typing something into his Pc.

"You called me, mate?" Mike said to alert Wills of his presence but even though he did it Wills didn't turn from the computer. And with that expression Mike had a feeling he was in for something bad.

Wills finally faced him, adjusting his glasses as he did. His blue eyes stared straight into Mike's. "Tell me something, Mike. What got you so attracted to Sidney?"
Mike stuffed his hands in his pockets and sighed.

Everyone else seemed to be cool with it even though they weren't an official couple. After that night he found her in tears he just began to enjoy hanging around her. The atmosphere she put up made him not want to focus on anything else apart from her.

But Wills didn't approve of it. "What's the deal, man? Why do you always want to find something out about everything? What's your business about her or me? You can't control everything and you have to understand that! It's not like you're my fa-"

Mike was pinned to the door faster than he had realized he was about to cross the line.

Wills' grip on his collar was firm and the look in his eyes were dangerous. "Listen to me," he said coldly "I'm not going to put up with your shit. I'm trying to help you and you begin to act like a child? What do you know about control? Is it because every girl tends to fall into your lap that you believe that you're suddenly a god? Even players can get played. And that's what I believe you're doing right now?"

Mike wasn't going to move. He couldn't even find the courage to. Wills was almost never this serious but when he was it was something to take serious as well.

He finally pushed him away a bit. "And what suddenly gives you the idea I'm being played? She's a heartbroken girl only looking for comfort and I'm doing just that. I am caring aren't I? What's so bad in that?"

Wills shook his head. "This is why I get information on everyone I meet. It might sound like a creepy thing but think of it, Mike, what else do you know about her? You don't even know the guy that broke her heart. And now you suddenly want to care? How 'bout the other hordes of girls who wanted something real? Were they nothing but play things?"

"Maybe they were." Mike answered now allowing his emotions get lose "Maybe I just wanted to test the waters and I found out they weren't good enough to be Roland material."

"You're a sad ego maniac who thinks only of that piece of shit in between your legs." Wills snapped "You just hide behind your so called "charm" because you're scared to commit. And for that I don't know whether to side Sidney with the stunt she's trying to pull or try my best to save your sorry ass."

Mike snarled. "Don't tell me that crap! I'm capable of watching over myself. What the hell do you think a girl can do to me?"

Wills shook his head. "You know what? I'm tired of you and your sick ways. Want to"test her waters"? Fine. But don't blame me when you find yourself drowning."

Mike said nothing after that. This was an argument and all bros got over it in a day but this one left a sunken feeling in him.

He opened the door and was about to leave but the words Wills said caused him to freeze.

"Ever heard of Gerald Vonn?"

PRESENT.

Mike's expression was hard as stone as his eyes fell upon Parken House's model, Gerald Vonn.

His short blonde hair was combed neatly and his white shirt tucked in. He had a knack for looking as presentable as a prince from all those kingdom novels...but Mike knew what hid behind those gray eyes.

He smiled at Mike but Mike didn't return the favor. He was on the verge of going up to him and beating him up instantly.

He was literally the last person he expected to see here.

Mr.Levesique smiled as the two greeted each other unaware of the hostile glare Mike was giving Vonn. "I see you know each other."

"Yes, sir." Vonn said "We have met on... different occasions." The smug grin across his face. Mike couldn't take it anymore. He knew things would get out of hand the second he snapped.

His eyes met Anna's and she saw it immediately. The same look he had the time infront of Saturn Rooms. Sadness.

He turned to Mrs.Levesique. "So sorry, madam, but it turns out I have a bunch of things I have to do before school tomorrow. Can we raincheck this dinner?"

She frowned at him confused by the sudden change of attitude. "Um...of course, dear. We can always meet another time."

He nodded. "Thank you." He began heading for the door and as he did he noticed the presence behind him. He turned to face Anna who wore a worried expression on her face.

"Is everything alright? You seem..." She didn't want to use sad in order not to make the atmosphere more gloomier than it already was. "Angry."

Mike looked at her for a second studying her face. Why was she suddenly worried about him? He knew they had gotten over that thing the other day but why was she suddenly bothered?

Mike shook his head. "It's nothing, Anna. I..." He looked up and saw Vonn smiling straight at him. He knew what he was trying to do. Trying to make him remember every moment.

That wasn't going to happen.

Mike turned. "I'm going home, Anna, I'll see you later." He didn't wait for a reply. He didn't want to.
*********************************************

The next day Mike's expression was one of gloom and a sad aurora seemed to loom over him. His friends noticed it but decided that they'll either approach him later or let him decide what time was best for him to talk about it.

He was late to leave school that day so the hall was practically empty as he went through his locker slowly looking for some physics books.

A hand slid unto his shoulder and was already certain it was her. She never changes the perfume.

"What do you want, Sidney?" He asked without turning back to her, he simply pulled his shoulder away.

"You've had a frown on your face all day." She told him as she lowered her hand "And I'm wondering why. Did something happen?"

He shut his locker. "Like you care. I'm going home, Sidney, I've got stuff to do."

He began heading for the door but once she slipped her hand into his he paused.

"I know we're over, Mike, you've shown me that countless times and I guess you have a right to be angry...but is it a crime for me to still care?"

Mike turned back to her. Her face was like back then. Sweet, subtle...something he never wanted to leave or let go. But even though he knew better now he wondered why he wasn't pulling away.

He let go of her hand and turned to keep walking.

"I'm not sure if you remember but my birthday is next week...It would be nice if you just popped over." After that she turned and walked away.

But Mike hadn't forgotten her birthday...after all...she was the first girl he'd ever fallen in love with. And also the first to break his heart.

Author's note: I hope you're all enjoying my book although there might be some few erros here and there. Be sure to vote or comment or tell a friend.
  Walrus.A